We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who to Reserve Hotel through???

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton, New...
reviews: 1
Who to Reserve Hotel through???

I would like to reserve our hotel through someone who doesn't make you pay the entire bill up front---any suggestions??

Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
1. Re: Who to Reserve Hotel through???

How many of you will be going, and for how long? There are several Best Westerns in London, and they will reserve with a credit card guarantee, not even needing one night's payment as deposit. I can tell you with whom you shouldn't book at all, let alone pay even 10p to, and that's any lodging attached to the name YourStay - avoid at all costs.

Need more info, please and thank you,.

Princeton, New...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Who to Reserve Hotel through???

TravellerPlus----I'm not familiar with any Your Stay info, so I will take your advice and stay away from it. I checked out the Sanctuary House Hotel, and went through fullershotels.com and found them to be good to work with. I was getting frustrated with the expedia. and hotels. com's needs to charge everything up front.

Thanks for your advice.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
3. Re: Who to Reserve Hotel through???

You're welcome. The Sanctuary House certainly looks like a swell hotel, nice to be close to St James's Park. You'd be near one or two tube stations, and have the option of grabbing a bus on Victoria Street. It's certainly central, and (from the reviews here) looks to be good value.

Maybe just take the plunge and book - if you don't have to pay up front, you've lost nothing!

Hope your trip plans are all so smooth.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Cheshire
4. Re: Who to Reserve Hotel through???

Book direct with the hotel and you won't have to pay upfront. If you see a great rate on the Internet, call the hotel and ask if they'll match it - they often will.

I don't know the Sanctuary but I do know the Chamberlain - one of Fullers other hotels. Fullers are a good reputable company. They started off as brewers and run a lot of pubs in London. (AdamH and others can comment on the beer, I'm not a beer drinker). Then Fullers branched out into small, upscale hotels a few years back and now have half a dozen scattered around London.

The Chamberlain is a nice hotel and the quality of the funiture, fittings and linens is very good. My only criticism is that the rooms are small (as are many London hotel rooms) and, in my opinion, filled with too much overstuffed furniture for their size.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

Viborg, Denmark
5. Re: Who to Reserve Hotel through???

I always use Active hotels, they dont charge anything upfront you just pay at the hotel and the taxes are included in their prices unlike some of the other hotelsites

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 27
6. Re: Who to Reserve Hotel through???

Just back from a look around The Sanctuary. The price considering the location is great and it will pay to deal direct. Special offers at the moment at weekends and holiday periods. The entrance is next to the pub entrance - there is a lift and stairs up one floor to the small reception. Slightly awkward if you have a lot of luggage.

Rooms are smallish but clean and tidy. The more expensive ones are only slightly better than the standard ones and bathrooms are small. There are quite a few eating places in Victoria Street and loads more around Victoria Station, a shortish walk or bus ride away.

Adam C