We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 4 - Questions

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Family of 4 - Questions

Hey guys i'm a new member here, first travel to London with my family (2 kids), so i have a few questions for you, i would appreciate some replies :)

First of all, i am having trouble with understanding what card should i choose for my transports.

I know that there is a card called ''Oyster Card'' and one called Travelcard, with three kinds of it (daily / weekly / mothly).

Assuming that i am staying 4 - 5 days (around Christmas), which will be the best (cheaper) option for us? Also, what about the kids (16 & 14 years)? Is there a special offer or sth or they have to pay the same amount with the adults? That'll do it for now :)

Edited: 12:47 pm, July 20, 2014
13 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 71
11. Re: Family of 4 - Questions

We bought our paper travelcards from a national rail station. On the tube map, that'd be the stations with a red national rail symbol on it. You can't buy it at Heathrow. You can buy it at either Victoria station, Charing Cross station, Paddington station, or St. Pancras/Kings Cross station. We got it at Victoria station as it was closest to our hotel.

To get out of LHR, we bought a 1-day travelcard Off-Peak adult £8.90/child £3.40 Zones 1-6 to use for the day.

We used the tube system so much and also the 2for1s that we felt it was all worth it. It was also the simplest way to go.

Edited: 3:44 pm, July 21, 2014
USA
reviews: 19
12. Re: Family of 4 - Questions

I just came back from London, and London Eye did not participate with 2-4-1 travelcard.

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 73
13. Re: Family of 4 - Questions

I just came back from London, and London Eye did not participate with 2-4-1 travelcard.

----------------

The Eye is never on in the summer but always has been in the winter (October to April), when the OP is visiting. There are in any case tons of other offers incl theatre and restaurants.

Reply to: Family of 4 - Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted