We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying England Football Merchandise

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
reviews: 7
Buying England Football Merchandise

Hi, I'm visiting London for the first time in November. I want to know where I can buy discounted England football merchandise. Is it only around Wembley stadium? My friend told me he bought a jersey on the street (he forgot where). Is this the norm that people sell official football stuff on the street?

I checked umbro.com and they don't have a store finder function (or did i miss it). Does anybody here know an Umbro store in central London? Or do they only have it in department stores like Selfridges? Thanks all.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 27
1. Re: Buying England Football Merchandise

Wembley stadium is still a building site and may well be in November. Nothing to buy in the area. I would suspect that the jersey (we say shirt) that your friend purchased was unofficial.

Arguably the best place (and certainly the best way to ensure that our Football Association gets your money rather than a dodgy back street businessman) is by buying online.

http://www.england-direct.com/index.pasp

Department stores such as Lilywhites and Selfridges will sell kit as will the excellent Soccer Scene in Carnaby Street. The best deals will be for out of date stock.

Dublin
reviews: 93
2. Re: Buying England Football Merchandise

And perhaps the World Cup strip is now available for half the price.

london
3. Re: Buying England Football Merchandise

Must preface this by saying I know pretty much zero about football but is there not an argument for the existance of black market traders in football gear? EG the father who has to buy his son a new kit everytime his teams change theirs?

As long as the revenue from the "dodgy" kits is not going into drugs or your mother in laws acccount

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 27
4. Re: Buying England Football Merchandise

"As long as the revenue from the "dodgy" kits is not going into drugs" - I suspect that is exactly what is happening although I certainly coudn't prove it.

My mother-in-law in hock to Eastern European drug barons? Now there's an interesting thought!

New York City
reviews: 7
5. Re: Buying England Football Merchandise

Thanks for recommending Soccer Scene. I'll definitely check it out after hitting Oxford St shopping area (I checked it's not far).

Kent, England
reviews: 22
6. Re: Buying England Football Merchandise

Shouldn't be a problem, lots of places to pick these things up, you might get some things cheaply as England were disappointing in the World Cup!

7. Re: Buying England Football Merchandise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 15, 2009