We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shard Tower, worth the cost.

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
reviews: 2
Shard Tower, worth the cost.

The last time I was in London the Shard wasn't built. I am debating about splurging to tickets, is it worth while?

Thanks.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
1. Re: Shard Tower, worth the cost.

Do you like tall buildings?

London
reviews: 35
2. Re: Shard Tower, worth the cost.

I'd wait until you get here, book the day before if it looks like the weather is going to be OK.

No point going up there if it is shrouded in low cloud.

London, United...
reviews: 130
3. Re: Shard Tower, worth the cost.

Just remember, you can't see the Shard from the Shard! Better to take in the views from the London Eye.

warrensburg,MO
4. Re: Shard Tower, worth the cost.

The Eiffel Tower is taller and half the price, so if you are going there as well......

UK
reviews: 22
5. Re: Shard Tower, worth the cost.

I thought it was worth it . The day we went the forecast was wrong ( how unusual) and there were low clouds and showers across London. We spent about 1.5 hours watching the cloud patterns change (now you see Wembley, now you don't ) and finally envelope the Shard itself. Great experience, leave a reasonable amount of time .

London, England...
reviews: 83
6. Re: Shard Tower, worth the cost.

The London Eye always struck me as a rubbish alternative. It's only a few quid cheaper from what I can see and you get hardly any time to admire the views. My best mate took his dad up the Shard for father's day and said it was well worth it, they managed to spend over an hour up there!

As wirewiper says, wait till you get here so you can estimate the weather better 24-48 hours before.

Roeselare, Belgium
reviews: 20
7. Re: Shard Tower, worth the cost.

I agree with David. We couldn't help but feel 'rushed' by the time constraint of the London Eye, and found the whole experience a bit underwhelming. Only my husband has been on the Shard, but he says it makes a memorable experience. If you make your online Shard booking up to 24hrs in advance, the "advance purchase rate" saves you £5 each, making it only £5 more expensive than the Eye.

London, United...
reviews: 21
8. Re: Shard Tower, worth the cost.

Not worth it. London has many other windows that you can look out of for free.

London, United...
reviews: 20
9. Re: Shard Tower, worth the cost.

If your interested, it's worth it.

10. Re: Shard Tower, worth the cost.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, September 11, 2013