We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Knightsbridge Area

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlantic City, New...
reviews: 11
Dining in Knightsbridge Area

I am interested in recommendations for dining near the Park Tower Hotel. We are not looking for Michelin Star over the top type places. Casual is fine and the particular type of food doesn't matter. We just want a nice place that people "in the know" would recommend.

London, United...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Dining in Knightsbridge Area

Even a casual restaurant in Knightsbridge can be very expensive, you will get a better and more down to earth selection of restaurants around south Kensington which is about a 20 minute walk or £5-£7 in a taxi.

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 73
2. Re: Dining in Knightsbridge Area

It's not a particularly happy hunting ground for cheaper and cheerful but I like the Le Metro in Basil Street (in the Levin hotel) and Mari Vanna (Russian) is good, but a bit pricier.

If you walk down Old Brompton Road past Harrod's there are a few places opposite (Lebanese and a good-sh Indian), then further down is Racine, proper French and not madly expensive.

Other than that I'd head a couple of stops by bus or tube, or short cab ride to Soho - more places to eat at all price levels.

Redlands, California
reviews: 30
3. Re: Dining in Knightsbridge Area

Another vote for Racine if your budget allows for it--as Parkandwalk says, it isn't "madly expensive" and I think its quite reasonable for the location and quality, but it isn't cheap and cheerful!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
4. Re: Dining in Knightsbridge Area

We have had lunch a few times at the Cafe rouge in Basil street, it's part of a restaurant chain but we've always enjoyed our food when we've been there.

caferouge.co.uk/french-restaurant/knightsbri…

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
5. Re: Dining in Knightsbridge Area

Alos you can check out the www.toptable.co.uk for special deals they list by cuisine and area and all the restaurants featured have sample menus.

Atlantic City, New...
6. Re: Dining in Knightsbridge Area

Thanks for all of the replies. A reasonable walk, taxi or tube ride is no problem. I wasn't aware that our hotel neighborhood isn't the best for "cheap and cheerful." Any Soho favorites?

Atlantic City, New...
7. Re: Dining in Knightsbridge Area

I meant to say Soho or South Kensington.

Southampton
reviews: 24
8. Re: Dining in Knightsbridge Area

What part of this millionaire's row made you think it was cheap and cheerful? Please don't say it's because you've rented a 12 bedroom apartment in Knightsbridge, which you found on Gumtree for £50 a night...

Harrods is your corner shop. Enjoy!

9. Re: Dining in Knightsbridge Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, September 10, 2013
Atlantic City, New...
10. Re: Dining in Knightsbridge Area

Actually, I'm just not familiar with London and was inquiring about places to eat near where I will be staying. The replies to my original post are how I found out that it is a particularly expensive area. The "cheap and cheerful" comment was in response to reply #3 above.

No 12 bedroom apartment for us, but it sounds nice! I've never heard of Gumtree, but that will be my next Google search after I post this. It sounds like there are some good deals to be had there!!!