We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 41
Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

Hi All,

My husband and I do a lot of travel, coming from Australia. We have been spoilt with great Buffet Breakfasts throughout Asia. Just recently stayed at the Four Seasons in London, without my husband and while the breakfast menu suited me as I enjoy my eggs and bacon, my husband would have found the choices lacking. Can anyone recommend which Hotels in London might have a bigger spread, that caters for a few different tastes?

We usually stay 5 star if that is of any help.

Thanks.

Lozzie64

19 replies to this topic
Boston...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

Haymarket Holel, a Firmdale, had a wonderful breakfast included in my discounted rate through Design Hotels last spring. Being able to stay in a place like that was a one-off for me-wish I could do it again!! There was SO much food and you could order up to 20-25 pounds but I can't remember-I don't think I ever ordered that much. There was pastry, porridge with fruit, fruit, eggs, salmon, muesli, and much more. Check it out. I wish I could again!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
2. Re: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

Most of the bigger hotels serve a buffet breakfast, we stayed at the Four Seasons in Prague and although the breakfast was wonderfully presented you had to order from a menu, there was no buffet so i'm assuming it was the same in London.

Sydney
reviews: 41
3. Re: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, Four Seasons was A La Carte only, nice but my husband (who is a chef) loves to have free rein over a good buffet spread. We don't eat much for the rest of the day! Works well for us, but not sure if it's very doable in some of London's better Hotels?

Lozzie64

PA
reviews: 26
4. Re: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

We have stayed at two different Hilton hotels - Paddington and Metropole - and both had decent buffet breakfasts with a wide range of choices.

York, United Kingdom
reviews: 69
5. Re: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

The thing about breakfast in the UK is that the best breakfast is the English/Scottish/Northern Irish/Welsh cooked breakfast, which additional regional variations. That is best fresh cooked and pretty nasty from a buffet. One of the best I ever had was at the Kinloch Lodge Hotel on the Isle of Skye. Wonderful scrambled eggs, black pudding, potato scones, bacon and mushrooms, if i recall correctly. So don't dismiss an a la carte cooked breakfast in the UK! But for a buffet, the Sofitel St James has a really beautiful one, if rather French oriented (excellent croissants, pains au chocolat, French yoghurts, fruit, cheese etc).

Llanelli, United...
reviews: 175
6. Re: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

A buffet breakfast can never compete with a freshly cooked full English/irish/Welsh/Scottish!

That said, the best hotel buffet breakfast I've ever had in London was at the Grange Holborn. The worst was at the Grange White Hall.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 44
7. Re: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

Why limit your choices to one hotel?

The Savoy breakfast is pretty good. A few doors along you could try Simpson's in the Strand.

And several places in Borough Market or Smithfield market do amazing breakfasts.

Experience, and join, the city dwellers enjoying breakfast!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
8. Re: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

None of London's 'better' properties offer a full buffet breakfast - by 'better' I assume with your reference to Four Seasons Park Lane, that you're referring to the very top end.

Claridges, The Dorchester, The Lanesborough, The Savoy, and 45 Park Lane, The Connaught, The Ritz, The Corinthia, Mandarin Oriental, and The Berkeley do not. However, a few do compromise with a Continental buffet.

London
reviews: 25
9. Re: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

Buffet breakfasts are essentialy a cheap means of provision without waiting staff, and usually not very freshly cooked. The full works (English/Scottish/ etc) needs a menu, efficient service at table, fresh cooking and, when kippers are included, good ventilation !

Edited: 9:54 am, September 10, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 21
10. Re: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?

I have found the buffet at Hilton properties to be good likewise the Novotel always put on a good buffet breakfast, the Paddington Novotel in particular has an excellent buffet breakfast.

Recently had an adequate brekkie at the Doubletree Westminster and had a less than stellar breakfast at teh St. Ermins hotel where they had a buffet continental and table service for the cooked items

Reply to: Best Hotel Buffet breakfast in London if there is one?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted