We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Days in London, what will I be sorry to miss?

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 2
5 Days in London, what will I be sorry to miss?

I'm going to be spending 5 days in London in late October. So far I have the following sights on my to-do list:

Buckingham Palace

Westminster Abbey

Tower of London

Big Ben

London Eye

Camden & Camden Markets

Ministry of Sound Nightclub

What else would you recommend? As of yet, I do not have enough to occupy my time in 5 days. I am not really interested in any museum's or galleries. What am I missing and why? What would experienced London traveler's recommend?

Thanks in advance :)

14 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 126
11. Re: 5 Days in London, what will I be sorry to miss?

There are so many different types of museums and gallaries in London that it's crazy just to write them all off as one. There may be special exhibitions at some of them at different times, such as the British Museum which might at any given time display Egyptology, Japanese erotic art (as at the moment) or Chinese or Mexican artifacts. There's the Imperial War Museum or the Science and Natural History Museums in Kensington and the London Transport Museum at Covent Garden (old buses and trains), and also the Theatre Museum. I went to a fascinating exhibition on war and medicine at the Wellcome Institute a few years ago - so there really could be any number of great things to see in addition to the usual world class exhibits.

If you just want to learn more about London and its history, the Museum of London is great too.

You could also research walking tours (the old East End), or touristy but fun things like ghost tours or Jack the Ripper.

You could always try a day trip to Windsor or Oxford.

essex
reviews: 35
12. Re: 5 Days in London, what will I be sorry to miss?

Covent Garden

A walking tour of London - there are many different ones to choose from,

The theatre 'traditional' or 'avant garde',

River cruises,

Greenwich - 'The Painted Hall' in the Old Naval College,

Parks,

Great pubs and restaurants,

Afternoon tea in a posh hotel,

And so many 'free' museums and galleries, surely worth a look-see??

You really are missing a great deal if you cannot find enough to fill 5 days, I have been visiting the capital regularly for the past 25 years and have still not exhausted the possibilities.

Aspen, Colorado
reviews: 1
13. Re: 5 Days in London, what will I be sorry to miss?

St Pauls Cathedral and Westminster Abbey. Incredible!!

14. Re: 5 Days in London, what will I be sorry to miss?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:59 am, September 12, 2013

Reply to: 5 Days in London, what will I be sorry to miss?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted