We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terravision coaches Stratford-Stansted

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Terravision coaches Stratford-Stansted

The Terravision service has the potential for being a viable competitor to National Express but it seems the timetable is unreliable which is risky when catching a plane, organisation rather chaotic and customer service leaving a lot to be desired. I have used it on two occasions as it very conveniently makes a stop at Redbridge underground station very close to where I live so it is a plus point over National Express. However on an outward journey the coach was late but luckily I'd aimed for an earlier one than I needed for my flight. Coming back from Stansted from a late flight the queue was long and the loading was slow so by the time we got to Redbridge the tubes had stopped running.

If it got its act together and listened to it's customers it could be a useful and reasonably priced service.

3 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 37
1. Re: Terravision coaches Stratford-Stansted

Terravision suffers from the same problems as all road-based transport to and from London's airports (including National Express) - unpredictable traffic congestion and frequent collisions on the busy motorways mean that it is often not possible to keep to the timetable. And the prices they charge do not allow for vast reserves of standby drivers and coaches ready to be deployed at a moment's notice.

You should always allow plenty of time to catch a flight under any circumstances - no matter how you travel.

2. Re: Terravision coaches Stratford-Stansted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, September 30, 2013

Oxford, United...
3. Re: Terravision coaches Stratford-Stansted

I'm afraid what you said about "a viable competitor to National Express" is not going to happen very soon. I accidentally took one last week, and took National Express last night Stansted-Stratford to return, and I can tell you the difference.

1) Ticket: £6 on TerraVision to Stansted, £7 on National Express (£8 from Stansted). But, I was rudely asked, "Where are you going?" by ticket staff of TerraVision when I was about to get into the bus which was about to leave, intending to pay with driver. Even if I can't buy from driver, don't treat me like fare-invader.

Gave him a crisp £10 note, forgot about the change, and he didn't remind me either. Nice little tip he got there!

National Express: Proper printed paper ticket, courteous ticket staff

2) Driver: Terravission driver was rude, along the journey made personal conversation in his handsfree phone (in non-english language). He put two bags on the first row (4 seats). Disallowed me to sit in any of the seat (2 were free) eventhough the bus was packed.

NationalExpress driver and staff were courteous, reminding everyone to wear seatbelt, helpful taking my baggage in and out.

3) Complaint: I was shuttled by Terravission staff to complain, from ticket staff at Stansted, to sales office, to an office told as a customer service one. No one can help. Sent email to customerservice, which staff needed to look up to see what the correct email address is.

Sent email 3 days ago, with response time promised to be 15 days, but after reading forum here, I will not hope at all.

NationalExpress: no complain. I have been taking NationalExpress all the time even in graveyard situation as in a night a week before Christmas, and always made it on time in one piece happily.

Took my £4 TerraVision, I will never travel with you again, regardless your large advert on Stansted arrival.

Reply to: Terravision coaches Stratford-Stansted
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted