We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slough to Heathrow

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 85
Slough to Heathrow

I'm staying in Slough at the Holiday Inn Express which is right near the Slough train station for one night before heading to Heathrow, can anyone tell me the best way to get to Heathrow Terminal 1 on Sunday morning? My international flight leaves at 12:20pm on a Sunday.

I have found the train information, looks like it's £9.50 per person with a change at Hayes & Harlington, journey time 40 minutes getting us there 3 hours in advance. Is there a bus option as well? Cost? I'm guessing that I can't use my Oyster card so do we pay cash on the bus or pre buy the ticket? Thanks.

London
reviews: 3
1. Re: Slough to Heathrow

You can do this by bus, starting at Slough bus station, which is near to the train station.

Go to the bus station, to Bus Station Stop "B" and take the number 77 bus to Heathrow Terminal 5, which takes about 16 minutes, and then use the underground or transfer to Terminal 3. I don't think that you can use Oystercards on this route so the fare would be approx £2.40 per adult. You buy the ticket on the bus. Buses are probably less frequent on Sundays, so check this out in advance when you go to Slough.

Actually, it is possible to use Oystercards on one particular bus route from Slough, which is on the number 81 but it takes longer. Again you go to Bus Stop "B" and take the bus to Harlington Corner, using your Oystercards (40 minutes). Get off there, cross over the road and take any one of several buses directly into central Heathrow bus station - Terminal 3 is a short walk from there.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 127
2. Re: Slough to Heathrow

Here's the link to the bus schedule:

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
3. Re: Slough to Heathrow

"and then use the underground or transfer to Terminal 3."

What's wrong with using the free train?

Chicago, IL
4. Re: Slough to Heathrow

I assume you are referring to the station on Wellington when you say Bus Station Stop B? Could I also take bus 75? That looks like it runs every 1/2 hour, takes 30 minutes and goes to the central bus station which it says is between T1 and T3. The 77 looks to run once an hour on Sunday and takes 20 minutes.

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

warrensburg,MO
5. Re: Slough to Heathrow

"What's wrong with using the free train?"

They can use the "free" Underground on Oyster with a more frequent service than the train.

Cotswolds
6. Re: Slough to Heathrow

The 75 bus is by far the best way of getting from Slough to terminal 1 - every half hour on a Sunday. I don't know the fare but £2.40 is unlikely. It's not a TfL service but fares are subsidised by the airport to encourage workers to use it. It won't be extortionate.

It goes from Wellington Street - the main road just outside the bus station. It's a fair walk from the HIX - the shortest route is through the train station but you'd need a rail ticket to do that so you have to go round the station.

The 81 is more frequent (every 15 minutes on a Sunday) - but staying on it to Harlington Corner is plain daft. There are plenty of other stops where you can switch to a bus going to the central bus station. You don't have to go way past the airport and backtrack. The 75 is simpler though

www.londonbusroutes.net/times/075_076.htm is the 75 timetable

UK
reviews: 89
7. Re: Slough to Heathrow

You say "we" so at least two people? Considering train cost is per person, I'd just get a taxi from the station. I'd guess its £15 or so.

Chicago, IL
8. Re: Slough to Heathrow

Thanks everyone! Yes, there are two of us, it never occurs to me to take a taxi because they always seem so expensive but I will check with the HI and see what they think an average fare is. If it's less than the train, it's a no brainer!

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 127
9. Re: Slough to Heathrow

It seems like the fares for Slough area one and two will be £6.00 for each adult.

Here is the fare schedule:

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

UK
reviews: 89
10. Re: Slough to Heathrow

If it's less than the train, it's a no brainer!

--------

Surely, even if its more, as long as its only a few pounds, its still a no-brainer?? Why spend ages lugging cases on and off trains and hanging round when you can get there in half the time? You must be talking about the difference of a couple of cups of coffee.