We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another 2-4-1 Travelcard Question

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nassau, New York
reviews: 12
Another 2-4-1 Travelcard Question

Another question regarding the 2-4-1 deals and the travelcard. We will be in London for 11 days. If I were to buy a 7 day travelcard, what should I do for the remaining 4 days? Would an oyster card make sense at that point, or is there a 3 or 4 day travelcard? Also, I'm really only planning to use the discount at 3 or 4 places, tops. Is the 7 day travelcard still the best way to go? During those 7 days we are going to the Harry Potter Studio Tour. I understand that a regular travelcard won't cover that journey--should I add Watford Junction to the 7-day card, or is it not worth it? Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Another 2-4-1 Travelcard Question

Buy seven day Travelcards and use them for the two for one offers. The other days you may use one day Travelcards - three day cards were taken off sale several years ago - or PAYG on Oyster. The seven day card is much better value at £30.40 than seven days of off peak PAYG use in zones 1 and 2 at £7 each day.

Depending on when you plan to travel to Watford Junction - time of day and day of the week - you may be eligible for GroupSave fares. www.nationalrail.co.uk for train times and fares from Euston to Watford Junction.

Nassau, New York
reviews: 12
2. Re: Another 2-4-1 Travelcard Question

Thank you. We will be traveling on a Weednesday morning, around 10:00, so I doubt we'll get a group save. Is it necessary to book those tickets from home, or can we get them day of? Thank you again.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
3. Re: Another 2-4-1 Travelcard Question

You're welcome.

Departures from Euston after 0915 on weekdays are eligible for GroupSave fares. Travel outbound at, say, 0934 and return at 1416 and the fare will be £19.60 return for two adults and two children under 15 (fare the same for three adults [over 16] and one child under 15).

You may buy on the day or buy a couple of days in advance if you wish at any rail station.

Reply to: Another 2-4-1 Travelcard Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted