We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique things to do?

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsburg...
reviews: 9
Unique things to do?

Hi. I'm not a touristy kind of person. Any suggestions for unique things to do/see during a 4-day visit to London?

London, United...
reviews: 2
11. Re: Unique things to do?

You can visit some hidden and interesting places in London which makes you glad if you visit... I am definitely sure that once you visit those place makes you feel so amazed... here are some places info of about i am talking flixya.com/blog/5461089/Hidden-tourist-spots… and if you still want to grab some other unique and extraordinary things to do in London then kindly refer http://www.londonthisweekend.co.uk/

Edited: 11:12 pm, July 04, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 47
12. Re: Unique things to do?

I like Greenwich. To me it is not too touristy bcos it is not really smack bang in central london. I like the park, watching the dogs and kids running around, having a picnic when the weather is good and then walking up the hills to the Prime Meridian. The maritime museum is pretty cool too.

Florida City...
13. Re: Unique things to do?

Really good post. Nice to read about some activities that myself and my wife would have never even have considered. I like the sound of the antiques auctions and 'beachcombing' walks. Thank you

London
reviews: 226
14. Re: Unique things to do?

I, too, love Greenwich. I live not far from it and find myself wanting to visit every few months. It has one of the best parks in London, the nation's greatest museum for maritime history (probably the greatest museum for maritime history in the world), a good, if smallish, art gallery in the Queen's House, the stunning Old Royal Naval College, the Royal Observatory, the historical church of St Alfege, the magnificent Gothic Revival church of Our Ladye Star of the Sea, the Cutty Sark, beautiful views of the Thames, boat trips up to Westminster, the foot tunnel under the river, a decent market, excellent restaurants, cafes, pubs, and bars, and several cinemas (including the outstanding Picturehouse). However, I would not say that it is not touristy. Greenwich is visited by more than 10 million tourists each year. That's about the same number of people as visit the National Gallery and Tate Modern annually combined. This is a difficult question, because the OP is asking for advice about how to avoid visiting many of the best attractions in London. Yes, St Paul's Cathedral is a great place to visit, but if the OP is looking for "unique" experiences I would suggest perhaps visiting Wesley's Chapel, for example, instead.

London, United...
reviews: 188
15. Re: Unique things to do?

There is absolutely no shortage of things to do that you can read over on the TA London Tourism boards - plenty with heading about things 'unusual', 'off the beaten path' etc... See tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186338-s1/London:Uni…

But a few truly different activities would be: Mudlarking: see londonunveiled.com/2012/… or Exploring the Underground Caves at Chislehurst: see http://wp.me/p2r6no-7p

Missouri USA
reviews: 34
16. Re: Unique things to do?

Last time I was in London, I got a list of all the churches in the City and started visiting them. Over 3 days, I saw 18 out of the 47 remaining churches, and 6 out of 10 ruins. I also saw several noon concerts at various churches, from Bach to show tunes. Finding the churches and ruins lead me to some great remains of the roman wall and lead me off the tourist beaten path. St. Magnus the Martyr has a fantastic model of the medieval London Bridge, St. Etheldreda's Chapel has statues of the Catholic martyrs that passed by on the way to their executions, and the wonderful variations on a theme by Christopher Wren in all the churches he rebuilt.

London, United...
reviews: 15
17. Re: Unique things to do?

I would recommend Postman's Park (entrances on King Edward St and Saint Martin's Le-Grand) which has the Memorial to Historic Self Sacrifice, a beautiful covered wall with stories of people who have died in the process of saving someone else's life. I live in London and quite often take a walk around the City of London on a Sunday when it is virtually deserted, and I stumbled across this one day.

Also very interesting is the huge plaque on the side of the wall of St Bartholomew's hospital on W Smithfield that marks where William Wallace was executed.

Follow Giltspur street away from that to the corner of Cock Lane where if you look up you will see the Golden Boy of Pye Corner, which marks where the Great Fire of London (1666) stopped.

As I said before, the City is so quiet on a Sunday when all the office workers are away for the weekend that it makes it so nice to explore, although you do have to be aware that a lot of the pubs and shops around there are closed because there's just no one around!

18. Re: Unique things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 08, 2014