We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
southampton
reviews: 12
terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

has anyone done this journey with terravision as i see they cheaper than the stansted express train. Good and bad points welcome please before i book

Dunfermline, United...
reviews: 40
1. Re: terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

Terravision are cheaper for a reason. They get a bit of a bad press but struggling through the rush hour traffic is hardly their fault.

Personally, I would take the more expensive Stansted Express or one of the mainline trains from Liverpool Street to Stansted

London
reviews: 33
2. Re: terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

Good points - they're cheaper than the train.

Bad points - I never find a coach as comfortable as the train.

It's subject to the vagaries of traffic in and around London, so I'd always want to allow extra contingency time if I was using it.

There are coach services to STN from various points in London, just in case you're not actually starting from Liverpool Street.

London, United...
reviews: 449
3. Re: terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

If you take early morning or late night, it's a good option. But it's not recommended when you are in a rush!

London
reviews: 1
4. Re: terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

It's fine for people who give themselves plenty of time, plus some more time for contingencies. It's the price you have to pay for being poor or too tight-fisted to take the train. People who come on this forum to complain that the coach was delayed by forty minutes and as a result they missed their flight are usually met with little sympathy.

One thing to be said in favour of taking the coach to Stansted is that it's nowhere near as stupid as taking a coach from central London to Gatwick.

Edited: 8:12 pm, June 24, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
5. Re: terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

Don't forget that National Express also operates Liverpool Street-Stansted.

nationalexpress.com/wherewego/airports/stans…

London
reviews: 22
6. Re: terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

Also depends where you are going. I take the coach from Stratford (East London) and the coach takes 25 minutes to get to Stansted, a damn bit quicker than the 45 minutes from Liverpool Street, even if I factor in a tube journey to Stratford.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
reviews: 22
7. Re: terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

Terravision give 40 minutes as the time it takes to get from Stratford to Stansted. The AA route planner gives 53 minutes (from Stratford High Street). Given the speed limits for parts of the route, it would not be possible to do it in 25 minutes and keep within the law.

London
reviews: 36
8. Re: terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

I have done the Terravision Bus a couple of times from both Liverpool Street and Victoria and the actual bus service was fine.

The only aspect that concerned me was that you load and unload your luggage yourself into the luggage hold of the bus with no Terravision staff at all interested.

At the end of the journey its an undignified free for all to get your luggage and seems a recipe for someone either by mistake or otherwise taking your luggage.

National Express are more organised and "professional" in this respect.

9. Re: terravision from london liverpool street to stansted airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 27, 2014