We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of cab / car service

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
cost of cab / car service

We are arriving at 7:45 pm in London to Heathrow and need to get to the Langtham hotel. Can you give me an idea of how much I should expect to pay (and how much is too much) for a cab vs a car service to the Langtham from Heathrow for my wife and I?

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 73
1. Re: cost of cab / car service

Bit of a guess but a car service would be around £35-40. A cab from the rank around £65-70. (In fact I recently signed off an expense form for £70, LHR to Soho hotel which is same neck of the woods).

You could split the cost by getting the tube to Green Park (step free access) and hailing a cab from there which shouldn't be more than around £20 for the lot.

Try these for quotes:

www.london-transfers.com

www.skyexpresscars.net

www.handicars.co.uk

www.justairports.com

www.exclusiveairports.com

www.swisscottagecars.com

www.expressways.co.uk

Dallas, Texas
2. Re: cost of cab / car service

From Heathrow to The Langham (Portland Place, W1B) for two people, about £40-45 for a car service.

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 73
3. Re: cost of cab / car service

Quick check - Exclusive (who've had good recent reports) is quoting £37 (paid in advance) for that trip, £42 on the day.

New York City, New...
4. Re: cost of cab / car service

thank you

Durham, NC
reviews: 118
5. Re: cost of cab / car service

Thank you for asking that question - The Royal Horseguards hotel quoted us a price of 125 pounds to pick us up at Heathrow, and 115 pounds for the return trip for 2 adults and 1 child. It appears that even grabbing a cab at the airport would be much cheaper!

Dallas, Texas
6. Re: cost of cab / car service

An estate car (for 3 people, because of the number of bags) should cost about £45-50 from Heathrow to SW1 (Royal Horseguards Hotel). Return to Heathrow should be closer to £40.

London, United...
reviews: 20
7. Re: cost of cab / car service

CM, never book a car service through the hotel. Make your own arrangments or as you said, grab a taxi.

Durham, NC
reviews: 118
8. Re: cost of cab / car service

Thank you!

Ballina, Australia
reviews: 53
9. Re: cost of cab / car service

I have recently been quoted 32 pound by justairports for heathrow 3 to sw1. However they have e-mailed me and said I have to pay "carpark" and "extra baggage" because we had a suitcase each and one piece of hand luggage each (there are two of us). Its hard to travel with anything less so it hardly seems excessive - there is presumably a whole car. They haven't said what these costs are. Should I be worried?

Edited: 8:02 am, June 18, 2013
Dallas, Texas
10. Re: cost of cab / car service

Just Airports quotes do not include parking charges (probably add about £5). From their website: "AIRPORT PICK UPS - QUOTED PRICE + PARKING"

I don't understand the extra baggage charge, most allow two bags and two carryons per saloon car.

From their webpage:

Saloon 4 people 2 maximum luggage

* Maximum luggage including hand luggage. Laptop bag or a briefcase is not countable as luggage. Cabin bag, back pack or carryon bag is countable as luggage.

That seems a little strict to limit a saloon car to 2 pieces of luggage.

£32 seems a bit cheap for that trip as well, they must make up for it on the parking and luggage charges.

Exclusive Airports charges £41 (£36 prepay) and it includes parking charges and allows a total of 2 suitcases and 2 carryons per saloon car.

Edited: 8:17 am, June 18, 2013