We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me help a group of 5 to find a hotel room?!?

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge...
reviews: 8
Help me help a group of 5 to find a hotel room?!?

Calling all TALFers: As fate and dumb luck would have it, a local group wishing to travel to England this July has been referred to me to help with their trip planning! I'm so excited to have real, live, in-front-of-me people (no offense, I understand that y'all are real and live, but you're not exactly right in front of me...) with whom to discuss London and England and Britain and Wales and Scotland -- and they don't just roll their eyes or smile indulgently. They're excited too!

The issue I'm trying to help with now is to find them accommodation that will accommodate (isn't that word appropriate?) five people. Budget may not be an issue since a large volume of credit card points will apparently be helping out, but they're not that familiar yet with the terms of their credit card point system (i.e., whether it's restricted to certain hotel chains, etc.) So let's just pretend (if that's possible) that they're wide open.

It's the first trip to England for all 5 (1 woman and her 13 and 15 y.o. daughters and 1 woman and her 15 y.o. son). I'd like to find something within zones 1-2 for them. I know it's a tall order, but I 've not been able to pull up much through forum or internet searches on accommodation for 5, short of flats. And I think they'd rather a hotel if possible. And air conditioning if they can get it. So, shall anyone rise to the challenge?

The possibilties I've found:

Cherry Court Hotel

Elizabeth Hotel

handfordr mentioned some Hiltons, but I was unable to discern which ones, using the Hilton website

All suggestions welcome. I'll keep searching, and I'll search short-term lets as well.

Thanks so much!

~annie

Baton Rouge...
reviews: 8
21. Re: Help me help a group of 5 to find a hotel room?!?

wehave5 & amcwam: Thanks so much for your replies, and wehave5, thanks for the site, too. The info on there is extremely helpful.

I met with the group again today, and I think they are looking hard at Holiday Inn Express - Swiss Cottage (2 rooms) since they can definitely use the credit card points there and are familiar with the brand name, etc. Also, my husband and I stayed there and so can help suggest nearby restuarants/shops/etc.

I will, however, pass along this new info, and we'll see what they decide.

Thanks again to all of you for your help!

22. Re: Help me help a group of 5 to find a hotel room?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 15, 2009