We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Hostel and Gatwick to Central London Help for London...

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Born and Raised in...
reviews: 1
Need Hostel and Gatwick to Central London Help for London...

I'm going to London in Mid March and I wanted to find a nice clean hostel in London. I'm arriving at Gatwick...thus I got to hop on the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station. I wanted to stay in a hotel....but I'm on a budget and still young (24)...so a hostel would be just fine. I want to know if anyone knows of a couple of good hostels in the Victoria Station area that well maintained and clean. Everyone hostel is checked on has good and bad remarks...which is typical due to people that are telling the truth, people that had one bad experience, and employees of the hotel/hostel....so I'm looking into some more unbiased opinions. I perfer to be as close to Victoria Station as I can...so I dont have to lug around the suitcase....thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
1. Re: Need Hostel and Gatwick to Central London Help for London...

Astor's Victoria Hotel (which actually seems to be a hostel) is reviewed on this site.

You might do a little better heading towards Earl's Court, only a few stops west along the District line - there are inexpensive hotels there as well as hostel-y type places, without paying a higher premium for being close to the railway station. You might pay a few more GBPs per night, but have some privacy.

Plenty to choose from on this site!

Redmond, Washington
reviews: 1
2. Re: Need Hostel and Gatwick to Central London Help for London...

Where can I find reviews of hotels? So far Astor-Victoria is looking like the cheapest around, and seems very near to a lot of attractions such as Big Ben, etc. Or so the website claims. What's your take on this?

Halifax, NS
reviews: 10
3. Re: Need Hostel and Gatwick to Central London Help for London...

For reviews of hotels, just click on 'hotels' at the top of this page.