We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 61
Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

I have a flight at 9:20am from Terminal 1 at Heathrow, and I am interested in taking the Picadilly Line service from King's Cross-St. Pancras to Heathrow T1. How early does this service begin, and how consistent (i.e., frequent) is it throughout the early morning? The earlier the better, as I'm not a happy flier and I like being at the airport far ahead of time. As well, can I get realistic estimates on the time between King's Cross-St. Pancras and Heathrow T1? And any other advice to be proffered would be enormously appreciated. Thanks so much!

UK
reviews: 89
1. Re: Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

Its an hour.

First/last timetables here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/1129.aspx

First train about 540am so that gets you there around 640 just about OK for a flight.

Trains every 5-10 minutes.

Put your actual date in here http://tinyurl.com/cfmo for specific times

Edited: 1:33 am, December 20, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
2. Re: Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

Don't board a train towards Rayners Lane or Uxbridge, although if that's the first train that comes along take it, alight at Acton Town and wait on the same platform for a train to the airport.

Trains with the destination Heathrow T4 and T1,3 will go to T4 first and wait there about five to eight minutes before circling back to T1,3, so the ideal train for your needs is one with the destination of T1,3 and T5 as it calls at T1,3 first.

The walk from the Underground station to T1 departures will take about five minutes. There are travelators to help speed things along, and a lift up from the Underground level to Departures.

Edited: 1:41 am, December 20, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

On what day/date is your flight? You should be ok for a weekday or Saturday departure, but on Sundays the first train doesn't get to T1 until 7.56am which is really too late for a 9.30am flight. If it is a weekend let us know as we can check for possible engineering works on the Piccadilly line.

Also, make sure you take a train to "Heathrow Terminals 123&5". Trains posted as "Terminal 4&123" stop at T4 for 8 minutes before continuing to T123 and that's slower than waiting. If the correct train isn't posted, then take a T4 train and change at Hatton Cross, as in the early morning some trains start from the depot further down the line at Northfields.

reviews: 61
4. Re: Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

It's a Wednesday morning flight if that helps, 2nd Jan. And thank you all for the helpful advice!!! I'll take any more you folks have.

Edited: 12:20 am, December 21, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
5. Re: Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

January 2nd is the first normal working day of the year, so no engineering works. You should be fine. The only "downside" is that it's also the first day of the 2013 fares, so the cash fare goes up by a whopping 20p to £5.50.

Have a good trip.

Newcastle upon tyne
6. Re: Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

How long is the journey from Heathrow to Kings Cross and what is the time table

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
7. Re: Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

It's 60 minutes from LHR T5 to KX, slightly shorter from T4 and T1,3. There are 10 - 12 trains an hour from the airport to King's Cross, but I don't think TfL offer a set timetable, except for first and last trains.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
8. Re: Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

William,

Piccadilly line trains run from T4 and T5 every 10 minutes. All these trains call at the T123 station meaning trains every 5 minutes from there.There is a timetable (i.e.scheduled trains), but it's not worth thing about. The journey time to Kings Cross St Pancras is 55-60 minutes, direct, no change, for between £3 (off peak Oyster) to £5.50 (cash fare).

9. Re: Piccadilly Line from King's Cross to Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 02, 2014