We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport with kids

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Livingston, United...
reviews: 17
public transport with kids

Hi, i am travelling to london for the weekend, friday to sunday, with my husband and 3 kids aged 14, 11 and 3. What would be best option for travelling around, oyster cards or travel cards?

thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
reviews: 54
1. Re: public transport with kids

If you are travelling to London by train those tickets should be valid for the 2-for-1 Days Out offers, if you wanted to use them.

Oyster is a delivery system not a ticket. As you are in London for just a few days, Oyster Pay as You Go will probably be best. The price will be capped at the price of a one-day travelcard (which can vary depending on the zones travelled through and the time of your first journey). Your youngest will travel free but the older children will need their own passes. I don't think they will qualify for child fares on Oyster but I think you can get a paper ticket for them. Check www.tfl.gov.uk

Rowlands Castle...
reviews: 145
2. Re: public transport with kids

Hi there - always a good idea to have a plan if you're using the tube. Its easy to get on and the door shuts leaving a child on the platform. Will you get off at the next stop and go back to collect - or wait at the end destination (not always easy if it involves a change). See this happen too often!! Worth having a plan so your kids wouldn't panic!!!

3. Re: public transport with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, December 17, 2013