We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a pillow in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta, ga
reviews: 26
Buying a pillow in London

I can hardly believe this but my hotel in Paris can't offer me a non-feather pillow (allergive to feathers).....maybe the hotel's too cheap (185/E) to have good service but I'll arrive too late to find a pillow for the first night so I need to pick one up in London. Here in the US we have stores like Target which offer cheap pillows for such an occassion. Do you have such a place in London you can recommend I get a pillow? Like I don't think I can afford a pillow from Harro'ds. Thanks in advance!

London, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Buying a pillow in London

Saw packets of two foam pillows in my local Tesco store for only £2-99 this very morning, plenty of stores around where you can buy pillows very cheaply.

London, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Buying a pillow in London

or you could buy a blow up one like this :-

www.travelwithcare.com/browse.asp…

atlanta, ga
3. Re: Buying a pillow in London

Sorry people - seems when I thought my posts were not posting, I kept putting a new topic up and it seems they all got posted after all. Oh well, thanks to everyone. I now know I can easily get a cheap pillow in London but as I've never been there I did not want to assume anything.

london
reviews: 24
4. Re: Buying a pillow in London

try john lewis or debenhams in oxford steet

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
5. Re: Buying a pillow in London

I second John Lewis, just west of Oxford Circus. All the bedlinens at JL are excellent quality, and you should be able to find a bargain. If you want to go to Tesco, you'd have to go to a bigger store - don't think the big 'un on the Cromwell Road offers pillows, but it might.

Debenham's is a good alternative.

London, UK
reviews: 7
6. Re: Buying a pillow in London

I third John Lewis in Oxford Street, OR if you are staying more Kensington/Chelsea way then go to Peter Jones on Sloan Square - partner store selling the same stuff.

Halifax, NS
reviews: 10
7. Re: Buying a pillow in London

If you're planning on bringing it home, note that British pillows are longer and narrower than North American ones. I found this out the first time I brought home a duvet cover and pillow slip set from Britain. I can barely squeeze our pillows into the slips. I haven't tried a N. Am. pillow slip on a British pillow to see if the slip is long enough. Just another one of those differences :-)

somewhere out there
8. Re: Buying a pillow in London

Just buy a cheapie from Target or Wally's World pack it in one of those squeeze the air out bags( also from Target) and then dump the pillow in favour of goodies for the return trip!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
reviews: 5
9. Re: Buying a pillow in London

Not quite as cheap as a cheap Tesco, but even shops like Argos (www.argos.co.uk) sell pillows - GBP 5.99 for 2. Shops like Poundstretcher (cheap housewares) and Primark (cheap clothes) will also do cheap polyester pillows.

As noted, pillow sizes are different in the UK from USA and probably French sizes.

atlanta, ga
10. Re: Buying a pillow in London

Wow - learn something new every day. Would never have thought about the pillows being different size than in US. I might end up taking my own pillow (or a checp one from her to leave there) so I can pack my travel purchses in the extra bag as someone suggested above. Thanks to everyone for the great tips.

I re-verified with the Paris hotel today that they can't accomodate me with a safe pillow and they said there is a place quite near them that sells pillows until 7 pm but I don't want to do that since we have to do laundry (next to hotel) on the night we arrive. This is silly....why can't they spend 20E on a few pillows for allergic quests? There are only 40 rooms there I think. I don't really think it's too much to ask and in the US typically only the nicer hotels even offer down pillows. I was shocked that both the places in London and Paris had them as neither place we're staying is that expensive.