We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Corpus Christi, TX
reviews: 59
Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

I received such great help with my Heathrow to Euston Train Station en route to Windemere. Thank you again.

I also need help with Euston Train Station to Kensington Close Hotel on Wrights Lane. That is the hotel where we begin our Cosmos tour of Ireland and Wales.

Jane

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

You may make the journey by Underground and bus, which will save a bit of time and having to use stairs at two stations.

Make your way to the Victoria line at Euston station - the journey involves escalators only - for a train towards Brixton. Alight at Green Park, where there is an escalator from train platform to ticket hall. After you pass through the barriers, look to the right for the lift up to street level.

You'll leave the lift and find yourself at a set of bus stops on the south side of Piccadilly. Take the number 9 towards Hammersmith from stop H tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/…

Alight at stop F for High Street Ken station. Wright's Lane is a two minute walk west of the bus stop; turn left when you pass a large branch of Boots just past the station entrance. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/Kens…

Corpus Christi, TX
2. Re: Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

Thank you so much. I've printed out the maps and will follow your directions.

Jane

dublin
3. Re: Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

From Euston the number 10 will take you directly to High Street Kensington and give you a nice tour of the town to boot.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
4. Re: Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

It's a long slog from Euston to High Street Ken, lordk. If Jane has the time and wants a grand tour of Oxford Street and Park Lane, here's the option.

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…euston-2087.pdf Stop H is no more than a three minute walk from the rail station, including time needed to wait for the traffic signal to change.

dublin
5. Re: Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

That's the one TP, and it runs 24/7.

The OP needs to get used to a slower pace before her trip to the Emerald Isle.

london
reviews: 29
6. Re: Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

50 minutes as timetabled http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/010.htm

I wouldn't, personally. But, straightforward enough for those wanting an easy journey.

Corpus Christi, TX
7. Re: Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

Thank you all. I think we'll take the #10 bus even if it is slow. We arrive back in London from Windemere on a Saturday afternoon before the tour begins on Sunday. So time won't be a problem for us.

Corpus Christi, TX
8. Re: Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

UPDATE: We took the #10 bus from Euston station and had no problems. We left the bus at High Kensington stop and walked a couple of blocks to the hotel, Kensington Close, to begin our tour. Thanks for all the help.

Jane

dublin
9. Re: Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

Many thanks for the update. Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

home
reviews: 15
10. Re: Best Route from Euston Train Sta to Kensington Close Hotel

i'm going to London soon and this was very helpful as I am travelling to Euston and staying at the Kensington Close Hotel :)