We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel by bus

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
porto alegre
hotel by bus

Does someone Knows the service "Hotel by bus", the mini vans from heatrow airport to london hotels? Is it a good option? Does it works?

I would like an advice!

London
reviews: 31
1. Re: hotel by bus

I had to Google it, I've never heard of the company so I have no idea if they are good, bad or indifferent.

However Heathrow has many options for getting to Central London by public transport. The Underground costs just £5.30 one-way which is much cheaper.

London
reviews: 73
2. Re: hotel by bus

The hotel shuttles like hotel by bus tend to have a short shelf life because they end up being more expensive than public transport options like the tube and more inconvenient (multiple drop offs), so for 2 or more especially a car service (pre-booked) cab is more competitive.

Which hotel are you staying at?

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
3. Re: hotel by bus

Is this it? http://www.hotelbybus.com/

If there are at least two of you travelling, then a car service would be about the same price and you get to go directly to your hotel.

[Edit: beat by my twin, again!].

Edited: 12:47 pm, July 01, 2012
porto alegre
4. Re: hotel by bus

I'll stay at central park hotel. I think the best way is get heatrow express and than a cab. Thank you anyway.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
5. Re: hotel by bus

The Heathrow Express is a very expensive option and usually not recommended. The Heathrow Connect is much cheaper. The Underground is cheaper still and you can walk from the Queensway tube stop to your hotel.

Edited: 1:29 pm, July 01, 2012
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
6. Re: hotel by bus

It's an easy - if initially complex looking - journey to the hotel by Tube.

Take the Piccadilly Line Tube from Heathrow to Hammersmith

Walk several feet to the adjacent platform.

Take a District Line Tube to Earls Court

Wait at the same platform

Take a District Line Tube marked "Edgware Road" to Bayswater

Walk to hotel

http://www.centralparklondon.co.uk/location

Bayswater is the station immediately to the west of the pin marking the hotel position

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 26
7. Re: hotel by bus

With two of you travelling the tube journey as outlined by Alan above will cost around one quarter of the cost of the HEX and cab combined.

London
reviews: 26
8. Re: hotel by bus

Hotel Shuttles have been tried in London - and every attempt so far has failed.

I suspect they fail because London already has a huge range of transport options, and the "shuttle" idea is trying to address a need that just doesn't exist in London.

dublin
9. Re: hotel by bus

I use this car service.

www.expressways.co.uk/

New York City, New...
reviews: 4
10. Re: hotel by bus

I used "Hotel By Bus" service from Heathrow to a hotel in Kensington area. It's 22.50 GBR (about $34) per person, and booked a return ticket, which cost 16.50 GBR (about $25). But on the day of the returning, I realized the booked date was wrong -- I called them, but couldn't connect, so had to use an expensive cab. I went to their counter for a refund, a girl insisted that it wasn't her fault (she was the one who booked me) and implying that it was my fault, and told me the company doesn't do refund. She finally called the corporate office, and I got a refund. It was my last day in London, so I felt a little disappointed by her attitude. She helped me nicely in the beginning though -- maybe she was in a bad mood.

So basically they have no refund policy. I'll try a cheaper public transportation next time.