We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
76 reviews
Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

We are traveling between Gatwick airport and Heathrow airport on a Saturday afternoon in May with only 4 hours and 35 minutes between flights. Decided its probably better though more expensive to get a cab and have a quote of 55 pounds with this company which is considerably less than another company so looking for feedback from anyone that's used this service please. We need 100% reliability.

Skelmersdale...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
11. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

We used this company in April and they were great. Met us bang on tiime, lovely comfy car, friendly but not too chatty driver and excellent journey. Would highly reccomend.

Perth, United...
1 post
12. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

We used this yesterday and I'd recommend them.

We booked at the last minute before leaving the UK and while I had received the acknowledgement I hadn't received the pick-up details.

Not having email on holiday and by the time I did get email access limitations with my phone meant I only got the last 24 hours worth of emails so I didn't have the pickup details.

I emailed and asked them to resend.

Got the reply - 17:30 by Customer Services stand.

I'd allowed loads of time (we had 5 hours to transfer) for the luggage to be delayed etc.

So arriving at the designated spot at 16:00, I got a text to say he would be there at 16:15.

Met him (Ali) at 16:15 got into a clean fresh car and had a very nice drive to Gatwick.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
13. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

Just finished a ride with these guys. Price was right (55 pounds) car was fine (Kia SUV). Easy.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
32 reviews
14. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

There's many more companies that are recommended on here and are far cheaper. Save your cash for nice stuff in London or wherever else.

London, United...
1 post
15. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

We are landing in Terminal 3 on a Saturday in June at 8.45 am (Delta) and need to catch a 12.20 flight from South terminal in Gatwick with Ukrainian Airline. So, it's 3 hours 35 mins. Do you think this is doable with luggage and this Heathrow2Gatwick service?

We are flighing straight to a Wedding, so missing the flight is not an option ... :(

Many thanks for your advise in advance

Edited: 3:08 pm, April 23, 2014
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
7,693 posts
12 reviews
16. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

No. I don't think you've got enough time.

UK
Level Contributor
47,733 posts
91 reviews
17. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

We are flying straight to a Wedding, so missing the flight is not an option ... :(

=======

Then alter one or both flights. 3:35 is marginally possible if you are very lucky. What if you arent? Suppose your first flight is an hour, heck even 30 minutes, late?

London
Level Contributor
12,346 posts
41 reviews
18. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

If missing the wedding is not an option you should be arriving in London on Friday, not Saturday.

Your existing plan as it stands is insane and highly likely to fail.

London, UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
40 reviews
19. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

I don't think it's impossible but it's pretty risky.

Say you run to the passport control and encounter no queues, you can get out of the airport by 930am earliest. Then you take your cab to Gatwick, say arriving 1030. You would make it.

Assuming you have baggage to check, you need to be at Gatwick latest by 11. So... you have only about 30 mins to allow for passport queues and road traffic and other unlucky holdups. It'd be extremely stressful.

IF you are not checking baggage both ways, you have a better chance.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
7,693 posts
12 reviews
20. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

I knew I'd seen a discussion about this recently. Read this - especially post # 5:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k737…