We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
reviews: 70
Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

We are traveling between Gatwick airport and Heathrow airport on a Saturday afternoon in May with only 4 hours and 35 minutes between flights. Decided its probably better though more expensive to get a cab and have a quote of 55 pounds with this company which is considerably less than another company so looking for feedback from anyone that's used this service please. We need 100% reliability.

20 replies to this topic
Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 110
1. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

Which company? £55 sounds reasonable.

There is a regular direct bus service between the airports.

Vancouver
2. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

The company is called Heathrow2Gatwick and it is reasonable which is why I need to check on their reliability. With such a tight time frame (under 5 hours) I think the cab route will be marginally quicker than the National Express Coach.

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 82
3. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

Hi

I am sorry - I haven't used this service so I can't recommend. Hopefully someone will be able to offer more before you need to book.

I did, however, have apoke around to see how long the journey time is - and the car services say between 50 minutes to 65 minutes .. whereas the National Express bus service is 75 minutes. The bus service sounds a bit of a hassle to me though - and it costs £24.50 per adult - so no saving there anyway really.

I checked out a few prices, and this one was also £55 www.airport-pickups-london.com/Results.asp - some others were a little more - £70/£80.

As you say - reliable service is the most important in this instance.

i hope you get a good reply - which enables you to book and enjoy planning the rest of your trip. Have you thought about posting this in the Air Travel forum? Lots of frequent fliers in there.

X

Jersey
4. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

We have booked prestigecabs.co.uk for this Sunday £46 one way,we won't know til then if they are reliable but have had some good reports

Edited: 4:49 pm, January 02, 2012
New England
reviews: 50
5. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

Does anyone have any further comments on this topic? I too am facing a tight transfer time in mid-July. Luckily it's a Sunday am transfer, and will be able to clear immigration using fasttrak, but would like to know if there's one car transfer company more likely than another to show up on time.

thanks....

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
6. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

How tight is tight? And is it a proper connection rather than separate tickets for each flight. will you have checked luggage - which has to be collected as it isn't shipped by airlines between airports

dublin
7. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

Pity the OP never came back. However I use this one.

www.expressways.co.uk/

Vancouver
8. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

I originally posted this message for our trip in May and we used Heathrow2Gatwick services. We had under 5 hours for our connection. The worst part was lined up at customs at Gatwick with a non European/British passport as that took about 50 minutes and when we asked for a priority screening due to time limits they looked at the time of our flight and said it wouldn't be a problem. The cab was waiting there for us and it only took 45 minutes on a Saturday. When checking in at Heathrow, we were terminal 5 which is a bit easier and they don't even announce the gate until 60 minutes before your flight. So although I was a bit stressed about the whole think it wasn't a problem. The cab we had wasn't the cleanest - but it worked out fine.

dublin
9. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

Glad everything worked out for you and many thanks for coming back.

www.heathrow2gatwick.com/

Tampa, Florida
10. Re: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick

I used this taxi service and they were great. The driver was on-time and friendly. The car was clean and my trip was smooth.

Reply to: Anyone have any comments on taxi service Heathrow2Gatwick
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted