We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luton airport to Waterloo or Lambeth north station

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
reviews: 9
Luton airport to Waterloo or Lambeth north station

This is my first trip to London, and I am residing in a hotel situated close to the Lambeth North station (and waterloo station).

Can anyone help me out on how I can travel from Luton airport to this area by train? (i.e. the trains to catch, average time and cost etc...)

Thanks in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated... :)

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 73
1. Re: Luton airport to Waterloo or Lambeth north station

If you go to the national rail site you will get ticket price and time options. The easiest is the shuttle bus to Luton Airport Parkway then train to St Pancras. From there you would then get the tube. Victoria line southbound, change at Oxford Circus (very easy, cross platform) to Bakerloo southbound to Lambeth North (or Waterloo).

If you are staying at the Tune, Lambeth North is by far the better station - it's literally across the road from the hotel.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

You can also get the Greenline bus to Baker Street and transfer to the Bakerloo line to Waterloo/Lambeth North

luton-airport-guide.co.uk/transport.html#a

Edited: 6:10 am, December 26, 2011
Surrey UK
reviews: 4
2. Re: Luton airport to Waterloo or Lambeth north station

There are trains direct from Luton Airport Parkway to Elephant & Castle, where you can change onto the tube for the one stop to Lambeth North (or two stops to Waterloo). The timetable is here

firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/static/timetables/…

However, because of major engineering work, these trains are not currently running early mornings/late nights or most weekends. If you do come this way, you should be aware that the Bakerloo line tube is a longer walk away from the surface rail station than bus stop N where you can catch a 53 or 453 bus to Lambeth North. See the map here

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…elephantcastlequad-2080.pdf

3. Re: Luton airport to Waterloo or Lambeth north station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 17, 2013