We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Term Rental (Student Budget)

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 49
Short Term Rental (Student Budget)

Hi all,

My husband & I are relocating from Dundee Scotland, where he's a full time student, to London for the summer (29 May-08 Sept). I was hoping to find a furnished apartment but am having a hard time finding anything except vacation rentals which are out of our budget (£200/pw max but hoping for cheaper). Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Is there a letting agency that specializes in short term budget flats?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Kind regards,

travelinbunny

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Short Term Rental (Student Budget)

£200 a week will buy (next to) nothing inside the Circle line .... except. Have a look at www.lsevacations.co.uk which offers student accommodation outside term times. The halls are available from 02 July through most of September, but you'll still have to find a short stay for June.

Have a look at www.endsleighcourt-london.com which has studios and one bedroom flats available. You may be able to negotiate a slightly lower rate for a four week stay; if you're willing to be cosy in a studio it may work. Also consider a flat from www.studios2let.co.uk with Cartwright Gardens very central and a bit nearer your budget.

New York City, New...
2. Re: Short Term Rental (Student Budget)

thanks so much for your time TravellerPlus! Do you have another link for studios2let.co.uk? I just keep getting a Virgin Media site telling me it doesn't exist. Maybe they changed their name?

We're definitely fine with a studio. Anything we can get.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
3. Re: Short Term Rental (Student Budget)

You're very welcome. And I seem to have had a bit of a brain cramp - the website is www.studios2let.com rather than .co.uk.

New York City, New...
4. Re: Short Term Rental (Student Budget)

We wound up finding a place with http://www.accommodationlondon.net/. Within our budget (only 170 GBP/week) mezzanine studio. We move in on 02 May. Woot woot!

London, United...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Short Term Rental (Student Budget)

Can I ask whereabouts in London that is? £170pw sounds astonishingly cheap.

London, United...
reviews: 99
6. Re: Short Term Rental (Student Budget)

It looks like Willesden

New York City, New...
7. Re: Short Term Rental (Student Budget)

sorry for my delayed response. yes, it's NW London near the Willesden Green tube station. Zone 2.

8. Re: Short Term Rental (Student Budget)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 11, 2012