We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confused!!! london to ware?

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SINGAPORE
reviews: 8
confused!!! london to ware?

pls help...1st tiem going london with my family of 4...husband, me and 2 kids....we intend to go london to watch spurs game and stay abt 3 - 4 days for sightseeing london...afterwhich we have another 5 days and nt sure ware to go.....we heard eurostar train service is excellent and we can travel from london to paris etc.....im nt sure if after 3 - 4 days in london should i go paris or amsterdam ware we have always wanted to go....does eurostar from london go to amsterdam? or should i take eurostar from london to paris ware i cn spend abt 3 days and then does eurostar from paris go amsterdam? or should i go italy...basically london is confirm...its just ware to go from london....options i would like are paris, italy or amsterdam? want to visit at least 2 cities after london....help! so confused

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: confused!!! london to ware?

You can take Eurostar to Brussels and from there travel to Amsterdam by train (not Eurostar but a Netherlands Railways train) with a change at Antwerp. The journey from Brussels to Amsterdam takes about two and a half hours with the Eurostar from London to Brussels about an hour and a half.

You may travel from Paris to Amsterdam on high speed rail services as well, with a travel time from Pars about three hours and 20 minutes. Eurostar from London to Paris takes about two and a quarter hours.

www.seat61.com has lots of information about rail travel within Europe and links to railway websites. Tickets may be booked about three months in advance of travel date so you have time to decide where you and your family would like to go then consider how best to get from city to city.

SINGAPORE
2. Re: confused!!! london to ware?

so do u tink i should visit 2 cities after london or only 1? i have another 5 days left after london, so what shoudl it be? how abt italy? does eurostar go from london to italy?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
3. Re: confused!!! london to ware?

TP isn't suggesting that you visit 1 or 2 cities, they are telling you how to get to Paris or Amsterdam

Eurostar doesn't go to Rome though it is possible to reach there by train - see the aforementioned seat61.com but on such a short stay it's probably not a good idea as it's a long way. Easier to fly - see whichbudget.com.

London, United...
reviews: 21
4. Re: confused!!! london to ware?

A good budget option for travelling to Holland is to take the overnight ferry from Harwich. This is cheap and includes travel to anywhere in Holland (including amsterdam)

www.dutchflyer.com

You travel while you sleep, a good use of time in my opinion.

USA
5. Re: confused!!! london to ware?

If I were you, I would probably just go to one more city after London. Since you said you always wanted to go to Amsterdam that's probably where I would go. You could always take a day trip to somewhere in Belgium from Amsterdam, perhaps Bruges (a personal favorite) or maybe somewhere else in the Netherlands.

Surrey UK
reviews: 4
6. Re: confused!!! london to ware?

There are frequent direct trains to Amsterdam form Brussels Midi station (= Brussels Zuid if you speak Dutch) including the high-speed Thalys service. The Eurostar website offers through tickets. But if the seat61 website recommends doing it differently, it's probably right.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
7. Re: confused!!! london to ware?

Just in case you come across some directions to Ware - it's a town about 30 miles north of London.

You're probably better sticking to Amsterdam, unless short of time or have relatives there.

Leiden, The...
reviews: 10
8. Re: confused!!! london to ware?

I would also keep to 1 city after London, especially if you need to travel there (and back to london for flying out?)......Why is staying in London for the next 5 days not an option? I'm sure there's enough to be doing there as well!

Amsterdam can sure keep you entertained for 5 days, and otherwise there are lot's of half or whole day activities from there that don't ask for travelling for hours.

That said, Brussels would be nice as well, but as said before, if you always wanted to go to A'dam, go there....

There are direct trains from Brussel Zuid/Midi to Amsterdam Central station, from where you can take another train, tram, tube, bus or taxi to your hotel, or walk if close by. Some of the trains are the hispeed thalys. Otherwise, ferry to hoek van holland would be okay as well, only remember that eventhough you can take a train at the ferry port in Hoek van Holland, you will need to change trains in Holland, maybe in some not as easy to conquer station as Brussel Zuid. You could also check for lowbudget flights out of london (easyjet or something), but they charge extra money for checking bags, so maybe it will not be as cheap afterwards.

If you have decided on the city to go to, you can always check the forum on that city for more specific tips and advice (hotels, things to do).

SINGAPORE
9. Re: confused!!! london to ware?

hi all thanx so much for ur advice...have decided to fly to london and stay there for 5 days and from there take a train to amsterdam and stay there for another 5 days and then fly back to singapore from there.......

SINGAPORE
10. Re: confused!!! london to ware?

hi all thanx for ur advice.....ive decided to fly to london from singapore and stay there for abt 5 days and then take a train to amsterdam from london and stay there for another 5 days and then fly from there back to spore....