We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to visit/see in England

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
reviews: 3
Best places to visit/see in England

My daughter and I will be taking a trip to Enlgand this summer, our first international journey. Can anyone recommend the best locations to visit? (My fantasy would include visiting James Heriot's Yorkshire and/or Mr. Darcy's Derbyshire; my daughter's would be to see Prince William and/or the Harry Potter locations!) Also, any recommendations related to hotels?

location location
Destination Expert
for Lake District
reviews: 61
11. Re: Best places to visit/see in England

If you're planning on going up North then it would be a shame not to spend at least a day in the Lake District.

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
reviews: 52
12. Re: Best places to visit/see in England

Hi

More than happy to help you out with any visit to Yorkshire, especially with Herriot in mind. I've helped plan several trips to this part of the country. North Yorkshire is a huge county but I am sure I can help you make the best of any time you spend up here.

Let me know once you have refined your trip a little more.

Talking of Herriot, the other weekend we walked across the bridge that features at the beginning of each episode of All Creatures Great and Small. You can visit the Herriot Museum in Thirsk, and there are loads of other locations associated with him.

There's also a beautiful book available called James Herriot's Yorkshire with some stunning photos.

And if you haven't seen the film Calendar Girls this would be a great intoduction to the beautiful scenery up here.

M

London, United...
reviews: 7
13. Re: Best places to visit/see in England

Hi

There really are some lovely B&B in England and I would thoroughly recommend looking at Alistair Sawday's website. I have stayed in several properties listed by him, not just the B&B's but Inns too. All are full of character and often in beautiful parts of the country with great english breakfasts. http://www.sawdays.co.uk/

Have a great trip