We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Gatwick to hotel

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 76
From Gatwick to hotel

Hi

I am looking for an easy access point hotel from the tube once we arrive in Gatwick and one in central London.We will be there for 2 nights then back to Gatwick and on to Portugal.Is the Victoria district ok for this or is there something better.Right now I am looking at the Best Western Corona on Belgrave rd.Haaving never been befoer I am sure this can be a daunting task until you get your bearings of this great city.Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanx

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
1. Re: From Gatwick to hotel

Forgot to mention I was reading the reviews about the Darlington and this looks good,but is it harder for me to get from Gatwick

Thanx again

Reading/London UK
reviews: 22
2. Re: From Gatwick to hotel

If you're coming into London from Gatwick by train, you'll arrive at Victoria. The area is swarming with hotels of all standards and class ratings.

Don't know what your budget is but the B&B Belgravia seems to get good reports.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
3. Re: From Gatwick to hotel

Helloooo, over there on the Island (waves in a westerly direction)!!

Victoria is an all right neighbourhood, but not v exciting. There are some decent places on Belgrave Road and some dodgy ones, too.

What's your budget, and how many of you are travelling - just two of you or more? Have a look at James & Cartref House or the Luna & Simone House, as alternates (have to say I don't know the BW Corona, though I bet Adam does).

What time is your flight out from LGW to Portugal? If it's v early, you might be better off staying close to the station, to get the GEX and not have to hurry like mad.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 26
4. Re: From Gatwick to hotel

No TeePee I don't know the Corona. My project to visit all London hotels on TA is moving slowly!

Best Westerns do vary (Handford may know more about this particular hotel) and some hotels in Belgrave Road are quite a hike from Victoria especially with luggage. Ebury Road is slightly nearer and I would be happy to suggest both The B&B Belgravia and The James & Cartref Houses as good quality budget options.

If you can go up in quality then you should consider The Victoria Park Plaza which is situated around the back of the station, just a few minutes walk. It is modern and stylish with very good sized bedrooms. Deals can sometimes be obtained from the hotels own website. The Rubens is another hotel in the area with a touch of class. Nice location being situated on Buckingham Palace Road opposite The Royal Mews.

Hope that helps but please do ask again if you need more help.

adamhornets@yahoo.com

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
5. Re: From Gatwick to hotel

Hello!!!!!!!!! Traveller and Adam

Thanx for the info,I checked out all the suggestions and booked in the Luna & Simone due to the excellent reviews from TA people.Traveller I have to escape this rain,it appears to have no end in sight.I hope you cheered for our Junior Hockey Team that just won the gold.

Thanx again

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
6. Re: From Gatwick to hotel

Hope you like the Luna & Simone - it looks quite good. As for the Juniors - yippee! Those kids really do play with a lot of heart and desire. Shame the officiating was so grim.