We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from paddington to swansea wales

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne,
reviews: 16
train from paddington to swansea wales

I'm coming from Australia in July.I plan to travel from Paddington to Swansea by train.Should I buy my ticket before I leave home?Are there always stacks of spare seats if I was to leave it til the day before I travel to buy ticket?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
1. Re: train from paddington to swansea wales

Tickets go on sale up to 12 weeks in advance of the travel date; the cheapest Advance fares may sell out, depending on the date and time you wish to travel.

Singles to and from Paddington and Swansea start at £12.50 each way, but those seats are limited. You may check fares and book in advance at www.nationalexpresseastcoas.com

UK
reviews: 89
2. Re: train from paddington to swansea wales

There will always be tickets available, but the cost might be 5x-10x compared to buying the cheapest in advance. The Nationalexpress eastcoast web site accepts non-UK credit cards and if you use the fast ticket machines to collect your ticket at Paddington there is no worries with tickets getting lost in the post.

Melbourne,
3. Re: train from paddington to swansea wales

Thanks,where are the fast ticket machines located?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
4. Re: train from paddington to swansea wales

There are Fast Ticket Machines at Paddington and other mainline London rail stations. Should you book in advance, you will need the credit card with which you will have booked in order to collect the tickets from the station's machines.

space coast, fl
reviews: 11
5. Re: train from paddington to swansea wales

It's so easy to use the fast ticket machines. As mentioned before, just make sure you use the same card as purchase with.

Melbourne,
6. Re: train from paddington to swansea wales

thanks I'm going to do this.If I buy tickets through national express is this the name of the train that I will catch or do they issue tickets for other train companies too?In Melbourne we only have the one train company.

space coast, fl
7. Re: train from paddington to swansea wales

Once you get to the station look for the departure information board. locate your deastination, and it will tell you what platform to go to. If you have any trouble there is an information desk to help. It may sound complicated, but it's really very easy. The first time I traveled by train I just wanted conformation that I was in the right place and platform. Enjoy you trip! I have friends in Swansea. I may be headed that way in July too!

space coast, fl
8. Re: train from paddington to swansea wales

confirmation, sorry. It's been a long week!

Melbourne,
9. Re: train from paddington to swansea wales

So would I be looking for a National Express train leaving from a particular platform?

London, United...
reviews: 7
10. Re: train from paddington to swansea wales

Unless things have changed in the last year, the trains from Paddington to Swansea are run by First Group, under their First Great Western Brand.

You can buy the tickets from any train operating company (National Express is the TOC for the east coast and East Anglia) for from independent retailers.

When you get to Paddington, you will see a large electronic departures board across the concousre, perpendicular to it. Look for the train on that (check final destination and departure time) and it will tell you the platform to go to - almost certainly one of platforms 1 to 6, with platform 1 being the leftmost as you look at them from the concourse.

(There's a sketch of the Paddington concourse and platforms here: https:/…hex_map.jpg - it's designed to show you whhere the Heathrow Express leaves from, but that doesn't matter.)

Note that if you get a very cheap ticket, you will be constrianed to use it on a specific train departing Paddington at a specific time (and the same comin back from Swansea). If you miss that train, you'll throw away that ticket and have to buy a new one, at full price, on the day.