We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Paris Eurostar

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Villages...
reviews: 69
London to Paris Eurostar

HI

Couple of questions regarding the Eurostar london to paris.

Do they check luggage like at an airport before boarding the train? In todays world I feel better if they do.

I am assuming that there is overhead storage at the seats for carry on luggage and that we will place our large luggage at the end of the car as we board - is that correct? Does anyone cable their luggage together - do you think that is necessary? I'm not a particularly suspicious person but going to Paris with no clothes would be a problem - I'm short and almost everything I buy has to be shortened. Is someone stealing luggage actually a concern that one should have when train travelling through Europe?

Are there other stops on the Eurostar train from London to Paris or is it direct only stopping when it gets to Paris??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Riverside...
reviews: 1
11. Re: London to Paris Eurostar

Did this trip 3 weeks ago...British and French passport checks in both directions and everything went through x-ray machine and the people went through the metal detector.

As the others said, the train only stops twice so if you're concerned, you can hang around the luggage racks at the end of the cars when the train stops. There's so many people walking up and down the train to bathrooms and snack car, I wouldn't think a thief would take the chance since he/she wouldn't know what belonged to who!

Toronto, Ottawa
reviews: 2
12. Re: London to Paris Eurostar

I sent a question to the Eurostar folks regarding bringing a corkscrew etc but never received a reply :(

I guess, the worst that can happen is if they don't let me take it on board I lose a $3 corkscrew right? If that's the case I'll just try and see?