We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
reviews: 23
Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

Can somebody please recommend a lodging that is:

- Within a block or two of a tube station on the Piccadilly line (preferrably closer to Heathrow)

- Relatively inexpensive: maybe 40-60 Pound Sterling

- Preferrably w/ fitness center.

I'd prefer to take the tube rather than the Hoppa or a taxi to/from Heathrow.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

Are you looking for an airport hotel, in which you'd like to spend a night before a flight? Perhaps you're looking for a hotel near a Piccadilly line station with quick access to Heathrow for a London stay?

Most Heathrow hotels will cost at least £60 a night and up, and those hotels aren't likely to have fitness centres. The Travelodge near Terminal 5 may have rooms for £29 or £49 a night, but that hotel is really only for travellers who plan to fly from T5 or need a place near that terminal building for a night's rest. There is a new Travelodge on the Bath Road, opening on 24 December; it's in a better location for T1,2,3 but you may be travelling before then.

The only hotel near LHR with Underground access is the Jury's Inn at Hatton Cross. Thereafter you'd need to look in Hounslow for a hotel or B&B. Frequent poster Glyn1 is a Hounslow man and may have the inside track on what's available there.

If you need an inexpensive hotel near a Piccadilly line station and are willing to travel to central London, the easyHotels on West Cromwell Road and Lexham Gardens may have rooms in your budget. The hotels offer basic, rather spartan (but very orange) accommodation but the rates might suit. Both hotels are not more than a ten minute walk from Earl's Court station, itself only 35 minutes from LHR on the Piccadilly line.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
reviews: 152
2. Re: Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

There are various chain hotels like Travelodge in Brentford, near South Ealing tube on the Western end of the Piccadilly line. You can Google them.

This answers your question but may not actually give you what you want.

Dallas, TX
3. Re: Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

Thank you for your assistance.

I arrive Sat 06 Dec 1300.

Depart Sun 07 Dec 1100.

T4 both arriving and departing.

I don't want to mess w/ the Hoppa or a taxi..would prefer to just jump on the Tube and not have to switch lines. So, the lodging does not have to be real close to LHR...but should be very close to Piccadilly Line. I'll have only a backpack to carry.

Have been to London several times, so sightseeing is not a priority (esp. given short stay), although proximity to fast food/convenient store(s) is desirable.

I will research your suggestions.

Additional comments/recommendations welcomed.

Cheers.

London, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

Days Hotel near Hounslow Central is new built, has good ratings and sometimes has late availability in the £55-60 range. There are many small hotels in Kings Cross such as the Wardonia which will have single rooms within your budget.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 27
5. Re: Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

You are not going to find anywhere with a fitness centre within your budget so I think you have to decide what you want to do. If you just want to chill out then The Jury's Inn mentioned above is close to Hatton Cross tube (and not that far from T4 - 15 minutes walk) and could well suit. The rooms are a decent size and they often have weekend deals. Otherwise Hounslow seems logical as it has shops and restaurants.

London
reviews: 36
6. Re: Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

Another option is the St Giles Hotel at Feltham. This has a fitness centre for guests and this time of year rooms are in the 55-65 GBP area, cheapest at weekends.

The 285 bus from the bus station at Heathrow runs a 24x7 service every 10 minutes or so to outside the door taking about 20 minutes . There is a Lidl supermarket opposite so you can stuff yourself in the room with a feast and work it off in the gym aftre. The town centre with lots of cheap fast food is the other side of the railway station too

Dallas, TX
7. Re: Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

AdamHornets....

Do you literally mean I could WALK to the terminal from The Jury's Inn? Are the roads/walkways such that would permit that for an able-bodied, backpacker?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 27
8. Re: Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

I've done it once (but not with luggage) when a taxi refused to take me on the short journey! The road runs between the busy A30 and the airport fence. There is a slightly awkward bit by the Hilton Hotel where you may have to walk on the actual road although you could actually cut up to the Hilton and then take the covered walkway to the terminal. You can see the terminal from Hatton Cross tube and Jury's is located behind a new office block and just across the road from the tube station.

The one downside is that there isn't a great deal to do in the immediate vicinity other than a pub although you could get the tube to Hounslow.

Dallas, TX
9. Re: Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

Thank you all for your assistance!

I've decided to book w/ Days Hotel near Hounslow Central (Westlondoner99's suggestion).

It's very close to a tube (maybe 2 blocks?), close to Heathrow, and appears to be close to a shopping center (hopefully including grocery store or convenience store).

$83US including taxes.

Had to forego the fitness centre.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
reviews: 5
10. Re: Inexpensive Hotel Very Near Piccadilly Line?

That Days Hotel appears to be on Lampton Avenue. Also on Lampton Avenue is a local authority sports centre with gym.

hounslow-leisure.com/leisure-facilities-lamp…

There is also the 40 acre Lampton Park nearby if you fancy a stroll.

Nearest sports centre with a pool appears to be this one,

hounslow-leisure.com/leisure-facilities-bren…

approx 4 km eastwards from Lampton Ave along Great West Road or London Road towards Gunnersby Park