We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closer

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 25
Closer

Got this one out on DVD last night. Has anyone seen it? I wonder which restaurant Julia Roberts and Clive Owen were sitting in with the magnificent views of London.(Film was a bit rude!) Perhaps the Oxo Tower?

Redmond, Washington
reviews: 1
1. Re: Closer

The movie has really done justice to London, and stars my favourite star at the mo - Natalie Portman. But the movie as a whole was ZZZZ.... I got it on Netflix, I could barely get through half of it and had to return it.

But they've shot London so much more realistically and beautifully than the Kodak moments you'd end up seeing in a Hugh Grant movie.

London, United...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Closer

I think it was the oxo tower....scenes looked the same as ones in footballers wives!!

I was very dissapointed by this film found it all a bit flat especially after it was hyped so much.

Florida
reviews: 4
3. Re: Closer

I heard it was the restaurant in the National Gallery or Portrait Gallery.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
4. Re: Closer

I also thought it was the restaurant in the one of the galleries overlooking Trafalfgar Square and the Film London Movie map for this film confirms it was the National Portrait Gallery restaurant. This link will tell you what part's of London it was filmed in:

sonypictures.com/intl/…download.pdf

As to the film, i didn't think much of it either but thankfully I watched it on a long haul flight so didn't have to pay to see it.