We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

access to sites from darlington

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tewksbury ma
reviews: 3
access to sites from darlington

2 weeks and counting..not fearful...when my time is up..its up !...doesnt matter where i am...so me and hubby are arriving 8/8 for 10 days...staying at the darlington...?..how far is westminster abbey...and cabinet war rooms?...can we walk from the hotel to the sites?...london is so big its hard to judge distance...it would seem that its safe to be out late at night..we have booked a dinner cruise and will return around 11 pm is that a safe thing to do?..i am excited about my holiday..i have waited 8 years to return to london with hubby..(.while 2 daughters got thru college and paid for 2 weddings..)..i am sure many things have changed since my first visit

Viborg, Denmark
1. Re: access to sites from darlington

You have easy access to all sites both Lancaster Gate and Paddington are about 5 min. walk away and yes it is quite safe to walk around at night.

Im use to going to London alone and have never felt unsafe wandering the streets late at night.

By the way just gor back myself a few days ago and youre going to love Darlington its a great little hotel.

Have a great trip

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 27
2. Re: access to sites from darlington

Hello and welcome to the forum. Thanks for the kind words - we look forward to welcoming you.

The Darlington is about a 10 minute walk from the north side of Hyde Park and maybe 15 from Marble Arch which is at the start of Oxford Street so a bus or tube will really be needed to see most of the sights unless you are big walkers.

To get to Westminster and The Cabinet War Rooms take The Bakerloo Line from Paddington and change at Baker Street to the Jubilee Line to Westminster or stay on The Bakerloo and get off at Embankment for the London Eye or Charing Cross or Piccadilly Circus for theatreland and Trafalgar Square. Should only take about 15-20 minutes station to station. The hotel is a five minute walk from Paddington.

London streets can be as busy at 11 at night as during the day. Tubes and buses will stil be running. A taxi from the river back to the hotel would cost about £10-12.

Hope that helps and please ask again if you think of anything else.

Adam C

adamhornets@yahoo.com