We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LondonPass vs. LondonEye package

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
reviews: 11
LondonPass vs. LondonEye package

I will be travelling to London en route to Italy in July with my husband and kids (8 & 4). We will only have two full days of touring and I want to go to the LondonEye and Tower of London one day. Has anyone tried the LondonEye package that gives you a trip on the LondonEye, a boat ride across the Thames to the Tower and then admission there included as well? They also say you get "fast pass" benefits. It is about 28 pounds.

The other option is to get the two day Londonpass but I would still have to pay for the Eye separately. Any advice?

north-east NJ
reviews: 1
1. Re: LondonPass vs. LondonEye package

I'd opt for the London Eye deal. It seems that you'd have to cram in way too much sightseeing in order for the London Pass to be beneficial. There is so much to do/see in London -- why limit yourself to only those attractions accessible w/the Pass?

No, ride the Eye, cruise the Thames & tour the Tower, keeping in mind that the rest of your time could easily be filled w/o having to pay admission fees.

Enjoy your holiday! Where in Italy will you be travelling? My 14 yr old ever so wants me to take her there.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 26
2. Re: LondonPass vs. LondonEye package

Sounds like a good deal. If there is a way for you to go to The Tower first, then the river cruise followed by an afternoon "flight" on The Eye, I would go for that as there are less crowds at The Tower in the morning meaning that you see more things at a more lesisurely pace.

Rhode Island
reviews: 11
3. Re: LondonPass vs. LondonEye package

Thanks for your replies. Janie-Jones --We are flying to Pisa and staying at two villas in Lucca with a large group of family - parents, in-laws etc.

north-east NJ
reviews: 1
4. Re: LondonPass vs. LondonEye package

develwez -- Sounds wonderful. My mother's family originally hails from Naples, but I want to see Venice; my sister wants to rent a villa on the Amalf coast next year w/lots of family dropping in & out, so maybe my daughter & I will get there yet!

Just noticed you're from New Jersey, so are we.