We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The French EU vote and the US Dollar

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
detroit
reviews: 2
The French EU vote and the US Dollar

With the French voting "NO" on the EU, do you think the US dollar will rise?

USA
reviews: 39
21. Re: The French EU vote and the US Dollar

Still dropping!

Euro = $1.2168

GBP = $1.8080

Gloucester, United...
reviews: 46
22. Re: The French EU vote and the US Dollar

The unfortunate drop in exchange rate of the pound sterling against the US dollar is more to do with concerns about the UK economy than the French or Dutch votes. It started dropping last week. I'm off to get my dollars before it drops any further.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
23. Re: The French EU vote and the US Dollar

Interesting how the Dutch said a resounding ix-nay to the constitution, too. I thought the exchange rates had a bit more to do with oil prices (they seemed to in Feb and March), but oil is again above 50$US a barrel, and exchange rates look swell for us in NoAm, less good for our pals in the UK.

Canucks - have a look at www.vbce.info - esp if you're in Vancr, as they give great rates with zero commission. As of 1600 on 01 June, it's (for us to buy) 2.28$CDN to buy 1GBP, and 1.544$CDN to buy 1euro. The exchange has offices on Pender & Howe and Granville & Broadway.

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 1
24. Re: The French EU vote and the US Dollar

I'm lucky. During the five years I lived in England (1981-1986) I was paid in dollars and at one point the pound got down to $1.02. I only paid 30 pounds a month in rent and Uncle Sam was paying me quarters allowance of $700 a month, tax free.

Oh for the good old days.

P.S. The Dutch just voted down the EU constition by more than a two to one margin.

somewhere out there
25. Re: The French EU vote and the US Dollar

Pound UP!!

USA
reviews: 39
26. Re: The French EU vote and the US Dollar

Dollar up!

No, wait,,,,Pound up!

No, wait, Dollar up again!