We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two great websites.

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 2
Two great websites.

The first is whichbudget.com Gives you lots of info on the budget airlines in Europe. Great prices, just remember sometimes they will arrive in out-of-the way places. However, sometime there are exceptions For example I flew to Rome from Stansted last year and the airport that Ryanair landed at is closer to Termini than the bigger aiport.

The second is picturesofengland.com Lots of great photos from all over England of small towns and historical places.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 3
1. Re: Two great websites.

Thanks Bob!

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Two great websites.

thanks, bob. i love the pictures website. all the cambridge photos made me feel all... you can't be homesick for your university town, can you? but that, anyway :) especially as my lovely college is in one of them ;)

San Diego...
3. Re: Two great websites.

Buhryn and Vicki - You're welcome! Even after a number of years on the web I'm still amazed at how many new sites I find.

San Diego...
4. Re: Two great websites.

Bumping up for another run.

Kentucky
reviews: 4
5. Re: Two great websites.

Bob-

I'm flying on Ryanair from Stansted to Rome. Did you take the Stansted Express in London? In Rome, did you take the bus/train combo to Termini or the Cortal bus directly to Termini? Thanks

Gdansk, Poland
reviews: 3
6. Re: Two great websites.

picturesofengland is amazing... thanks for the link.

The London pictures were really worth seeing, so that's what Little Venice looks like? What I like is that you can take a virtual tour of the Natural History Museum (and perhaps some more) and see for yourself. Really made me want to go there.

San Diego...
7. Re: Two great websites.

Hi KYHome

I took the Stansted Express - it's not cheap, but it is very convienient! It goes from Liverpool Street Station right to the airport in 45 min. I took the bus to Termini. I had a great hotel 10 min walk from the Termini (the Aberdeen). I got a 30% discount mentioning Rick Steves' name. I believe the discount is good only in certain months. Check his book on Rome. I prefer B&B's but I enjoyed my stay at the Aberdeen and would stay there again.

When are you going to Rome? I loved Rome - I always thought London traffic was bad until I got to Rome!! That said, an amazing city - definitely plan on going again. Be sure to see the Trevi Fountain at night - just awesome!

San Diego...
8. Re: Two great websites.

You're welcome Madge. It really is a wonderful site. London Walks does a very nice walk at Little Venice. If you get Emily as a guide you're in for a treat. She is a delight. The Natural History Museum is great. Definitely worth a visit. Be sure to see the sea creatures from the deepest part of the ocean. The strangest looking fish you'll ever see.

Kentucky
reviews: 4
9. Re: Two great websites.

Thanks Bob for the info. I was planning to take Stansted Express but unsure of Rome-will probably stick with the bus as you did. We are heading to Rome in early July and we are staying at a bed and breakfast-super excited!

San Diego...
10. Re: Two great websites.

You're welcome KYHome! As I noted, I like B&B's. I've made some great friendships staying in them. The bus to the Termini really was easy. Just bought the ticket at the airport and hopped onto the bus. I call Rome my Oh wow city - I lost track of how many times I would turn a corner and say "Oh wow!" So much history - very easy to get around. Since you'll be there in July be sure to stop in and get some gelato. Very good any time of the year, but especially good on a warm day. I'd be interested in hearing how the trip went. Rome is one of my favorite cities. Have fun!