We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicester village-worht a trip

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 18
Bicester village-worht a trip

Has anyone been to Bicester village to shop? Is it woth it to go to get a bargain? Or is it bust?

San Francisco...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Bicester village-worht a trip

Where are you coming from?

Pick your time. Ie. avoid a bank holiday weekend as it's one road in and out the traffic and parking can get a bit chicken oriental!

If you can do a weekday afternoon it is much more relaxing.

Having been three times I've never bought anything!

Bedfordshire...
reviews: 26
2. Re: Bicester village-worht a trip

What do you want to buy?

Bedfordshire...
reviews: 26
3. Re: Bicester village-worht a trip

What do you want to buy?

UK
reviews: 89
4. Re: Bicester village-worht a trip

Yes. No. Dont know what you mean re 'bust'.

Its entirely random what will be on sale, a mix of seconds and rejects, mostly in sizes and fashions that weren't big sellers in the high street, so I suppose its worth it if there is something there that happens to be exactly what you want in your size.

I would say its definitely not worth using up a day of a vacation to go there.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 247
5. Re: Bicester village-worht a trip

Dropped by the Bicester Outlet Village recently en-route somewhere else. We used it as a pitstop for lunch and a little light shopping. Not many bargains to be had unless you are a big 'labels' shopper. The prices still had me wincing even with 50% off! That said I did come away with a rather fetching Cath Kidson apron, and thoroughly enjoyed my meal at Carluccio's.

Personally wouldn't go far out of my way for it, but it was a pleasant enough place to stop for an hour or so to stretch your legs on a long journey.

Guildford, England
reviews: 13
6. Re: Bicester village-worht a trip

Sometimes you get lucky sometimes not. I once stopped on the way to Birmingham not looking for anything. I ended up buying a complete new set of cutlery and a Jaegar navy jacket reduced from £350 to £75.

I wouldn't take a day of holiday to go there though.

London
reviews: 5
7. Re: Bicester village-worht a trip

Hmmm depends really what you would like to buy. Much more orientated to lables eg. Bally, Versace, DKNY, Dior, Polo Ralph Lauren, the White Company but even with the discount, it is still not my cup of tea.

I prefer going to the MacArthur Glen outlet in Swindon. Indoor malls means the rain or wind won't bother you much. Better range of discounts (GAP, Marks and Spencer, Next which are more mid range labels). For Swindon, there is a creche plus a good steam museum on site.

San Francisco...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Bicester village-worht a trip

Always wondered about Mcarthur Glen but now you say there's a Steam Museum......!!! ;-)

London
reviews: 34
9. Re: Bicester village-worht a trip

I went Bicester Village on Saturday morning and had to say for a Bank Holiday weekend it was like any other weekend but not too crowded.

It entirely depends on what you are after there. You can easily do half a day there but if you want to stretch it out to a full dat it is possible, entirely depends on what you want.

My partner and I only go to the 'high end' stuff as we spend fortunes there ie Loro Piana, Tods. I don't bother with the run of the mill stuff high street fashion.

Compared to a retail outlet in Europe ie Foxtown, I personally think Bicester is much better.

Good luck if you venture there!

London, UK
reviews: 55
10. Re: Bicester village-worht a trip

We went because we were staying near there, but I don't think I'd make a special visit - the merchandise it seemed to be still very expensive for stuff that had been justifiably been left on the racks in the full price shops. Having said that, we managed to catch the last double reduction day of the Clark's shoe sale and we went home with a ridiculous amount of shoes - but my friend, who goes there on a regular basis says that this was a bit of a one off.