We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route with luggage from Earl's Court-Waterloo

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spring Hill, FL
reviews: 12
Best route with luggage from Earl's Court-Waterloo

I think I have it figured out, but would like confirmation. We are leaving on Eurostar to Paris on a Saturday morning 10 a.m. train. We are staying at Earl's Court. Should we take the District Line to Westminster, then Jubilee line to Waterloo? Would this be the best with luggage? Then which exit at Waterloo Station for Eurostar? Thanks for any replies.

Washington DC...
1. Re: Best route with luggage from Earl's Court-Waterloo

I haven't gone from Earl's Court, but this way sounds reasonable. At Waterloo, just follow the signs for the Eurostar when you get off the train. I think at some point they take you in a different direction than the general flow of traffic.

London
reviews: 3
2. Re: Best route with luggage from Earl's Court-Waterloo

You have figured it out. The interchange at Westminster is a doddle, if you don't fancy using the escalator it is one of the few tube stops with lifts (as it was refurbed a few years ago for the Jubilee line extension). Exiting out at Waterloo also easy peasy with Eurostar clearly marked.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
3. Re: Best route with luggage from Earl's Court-Waterloo

The route you quote has been the one I've used to get from Earl's Court to Waterloo, but it's a long-ish hike from the Jubilee line to the Eurostar station at your destination. There are travelators to help get you from point to point, but to allow an extra five minutes or so for the trip.

Spring Hill, FL
4. Re: Best route with luggage from Earl's Court-Waterloo

Thank you for the replies. We are going to make a trial run when we get in on Wed. afternoon, just to see how long it takes, plus we want to go ahead and pick up our tickets. Our Eurostar train leaves at 10:10 Sat. morning. We thought we'd leave Earl's Court at 8 a.m. Do you think that's enough time or too much?

London
reviews: 3
5. Re: Best route with luggage from Earl's Court-Waterloo

The whole check in process with Eurostar is very very quick (you put your ticket in the barrier, walk through and then get your bags scanned and passports checked all within about 30 paces). I would be leaving after 8.30...if you get their early there is a coffee shop and newsagents but not much else (unless you are AMEX plat when you can use the lounge regardless of your ticket).

6. Re: Best route with luggage from Earl's Court-Waterloo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, August 28, 2009