We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre theatre dining

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
reviews: 6
Pre theatre dining

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant near the Liverpool Empire theatre?

thanks

merseyside
reviews: 17
1. Re: Pre theatre dining

none close to empire really but many many within a short walk as city centre is compact just a question of looking at ta restaurant reviews

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 18
2. Re: Pre theatre dining

Have you searched this forum for recommendations? Myself and several others have answered similar questions many times - the City Centre isn't huge so most places will be walkable. And we do need a bit more information from you about what type of food you are after and how much you want to spend.

And (sorry Sunndays) I really wouldn't advise using the TA review section to help you make your decision - there are some really rubbish or, at best, average places which get lots of good reviews. I'm not talking about the ones which get lots of fake reviews, I just think that there are lots of people who post on that part of the site who are very easily pleased when it comes to food! Some say you can make a judgement based on the nature of the comments on a particular place overall, but I think there are still many positive reviews for places which really don't deserve them.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 65
3. Re: Pre theatre dining

I agree with sunndays and mcfarrag - there's too many restaurants to mention, all catering for different tastes and budgets as high or as low as you want.

Also, are you coming by train or are you driving? For example, if someone suggests a restaurant around the Castle Street area and you are coming by train we would advise you to get off at James Street.

Chester, United...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Pre theatre dining

Hi

Looking for somewhere that cooks food fresh, probably therefore not part of a chain. Eat pretty much anything although not a big fan of Italian as pasta doesn't quite do it for me always end up disappointed. we're staying over night for my husbands birthday so would like somewhere a bit upmarket Side Door and Puschka have caught my eye, price not really a consideration.

Thank you.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 18
5. Re: Pre theatre dining

I'm not sure about Puschka, but the Side Door does an early doors/theatre menu which is good value. Both are very good and you can walk to the Empire easily from both (and it's downhill).

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 65
6. Re: Pre theatre dining

60 Hope Street (on Hope Street) is also nice. I haven't been there for a few years but it still gets good reviews.

That's also a downhill walk to the Empire.

Cheshire - England
reviews: 12
7. Re: Pre theatre dining

I have eaten at the liner hotel a number of times before going to the Empire. It is on the street at the side of the theatre and is literally 60 seconds away. They do a pre theatre meal that is great value if you go on there web site it is under Offers. The other good point is that if you have this meal you get free parking on there car park which makes it great value .

8. Re: Pre theatre dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 21, 2014