We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in southport

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 2
hotels in southport

I am from Liverpool, and I am getting married in Southport next September. I am trying to find a good hotel for myself (plus hubby!) and guests to stay in, and as I now live down south I have no idea of where to go! All the large ones (I'll need about 50 rooms) have got awful reviews, only the smaller ones seem any good. Ideally I'd like everyone in the same place - does anyone have any suggestions?

Liverpool
reviews: 21
1. Re: hotels in southport

Elli

there's a lovely new five star hotel called The Vincent opening on Lord Street. It's owned by a guy called Paul Adams whose restaurant, The Warehouse Brasserie, is consistently Southport's best.

I'm not sure about the opening date, but if you get in touch with the tourism board they'll know. They're busy building it at the moment so it should be open by next September.

You're right about the rest of Southport's hotels - dreadful. Only real alternative is to use those in Liverpool city centre: the Radisson and Crowne Plaza are best, and the Malmaison at Princes Dock will be open by then, too. Otherwise you've got the Marriott in Queen Square.

Good luck.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 7
2. Re: hotels in southport

I've been to a several do's in Southport and the only hotel that has never given me any cause for complaint is The Scarisbrick in the middle of Lord Street. It's not exactly top notch and maybe a little shabby round the edges but they do seem to make an effort and they are competent at what they do. A "does what is says on the tin" recommendation.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 153
3. Re: hotels in southport

will agree with the 2 gents...

southport's hotel are of poor quality compared to liverpool..still oldy worldy...

prince of wales- seen better days

clifton - needs a good renovation

scarisbrick - full of hen/stag parties

liverpool
reviews: 55
4. Re: hotels in southport

Southport is a lovely place unfortunately it has chosen to remain a victorian resort which mainly attracts the older type tourist who stay in the hotels there and so you have the stalwarts such as the Scarisbrick (Pronounced skaysbrick) and the Prine od Wales both on Lord st which both need lot's of money spending on them if they where to become like the radisson and the like but that is not why people go to Southport they go for the old time and this is what you will will get and it will be nice the hotels are clean and will give you nice food but it will feel like going back 50 years do not worry personally I would stay at the POW

Macerata, Italy
reviews: 14
5. Re: hotels in southport

I live in Ainsdale village which is five minutes from Southport and I'm sorry to have to say I agree with everyone else. The hotels in Southport really are dire. The Prince of Wales is very expensive and the service leaves a lot to be desired - it banks onb people thinking it looks good (which from the outside it does) but the staff in my experience are uinhelpful and surly. The Scarisbrick is shabby and really really smoky and very run down, the Clifton is over-priced and impersonal.

There's a hotel called the West Tower at Aughton, abpout half an hour from Southport, which is nice and has a country house hotel feel to it - recently refurbished too - but difficult to get to and fromk.

Personally I'd use a Liverpool hotel and maybe think of providing a coach for people to get there and back. The Marriott at Speke is lovely - it's the old airport and a lot of its original features have been kept (Art Deco). The staff are very helpful and a friend's wedding there was wonderful. The Marriott city centre is also very good, though car parking is a problem (there's a car park for which you get a discounted rate but it's still expensive).

I'm getting married in Southport too in September - actually that's not quite true - getting married in Rome and having a civil renewal of vows thing in Southport plus reception etc - where are you getting married? Let me know if you want any recommendations for hair and flowers! - I know some lovely and really good people (they're doing mine so I can't say better than that!). Good luck with it!

6. Re: hotels in southport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 16, 2009