We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights - trip report

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa Canada
reviews: 2
4 nights - trip report

With thanks to those who helped me plan my first visit wanted to share my experience. Glad to have had the 4 nights as still more left for return visit. Great city, very walkable although need to be careful as well maintained but uneven surfaces, Jury's Inn ideal location with good rate and plenty of affordable eating options in area of Albert Dock.

Weather was mostly sunny and took advantage of senior discounts for City Explorer tour that was good orientation to city and also good commentary on Mersey ferry ride. Appreciated free admissions to museums and enjoyed the brief free films on the Beatles and two football clubs at Liverpool Museum.

Getting there from Manchester airport by train worked fine as did getting to Wales after. Lots of free wifi including the museums. However Jury's Inn charged if you wanted it in room so used several times in lobby as you could get free one hour sessions. You should know current exchange rate as hotels ask if you want in Pounds or Cdn in my case. Jury's was fine in Cdn so went that route. Bewleys at MIA on return would have been considerably more. Have learned that my credit card does not charge extra for currency conversion so would just stick with UK currency charge next time.

Hampshire, England.
reviews: 8
1. Re: 4 nights - trip report

Did you pay in cash? If so, I doubt the rate was very good, if you paid by credit card it's called dynamic currency conversion and benefits the hotel not the customer. As mentioned on this forum regularly, it's always better to pay in local currency.

thisismoney.co.uk/money/holidays/article-169…

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 174
2. Re: 4 nights - trip report

Glad you had a good time !

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 14
3. Re: 4 nights - trip report

Great report Avoca so pleased you like our city we love it. My brother now lives in Canada and loves coming back once a year to the pubs here, oh and he sees family too ;)

4. Re: 4 nights - trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 18, 2013