We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half term in Liverpool with kids

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, Engladn
reviews: 62
Half term in Liverpool with kids

Hi,

I'm spending a couple of days over half term with my 2 kids (14 and 10) - staying near Albert Dock - and planning to go to the Beatles Story, Tate and the Cathedral. Anything else you'd recommend? and somewhere to eat? We'd really love theatre or something like that as well if poss.

Nick

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Half term in Liverpool with kids

Hi travellover47

Duck tours is good with children it shows you the sights of Liverpool and then goes on water through the albert dock there is also a tour bus which you can hop on and off great way to see all the sights but with out the walking, the walker art gallery is good they have big art for children just i=on the right hand side as you go in they different things going on all art related the children can also dress up and go round the gallery looking for certain pictures on treasure hunts. The museum is great as well it has planetarium (which is free you get tickets from the information desk as you go in) and also has an aquarium. you can also do a tour of Liverpool's ground which is about 10 mins drive outside the city centre.

Pleanty of resturants to eat in Liverpool couple of child friendly ones, cafe sport england which is owned by Jamie Carragher which has families in mind with healthy food, Hamiltons in the met quarter again been opend with families in mind, est est est in the albert dock.

On sat 23 Feb you can have a tour of the royal court theatre tickets are £5 each takes you behind the stage, nothing much on at the empire theatre over the half term bit of opera and a musicl called shout whichis set in the 60's

hope this helps a bit if you let me know what type of food you will be eating i might be able to sugest some more resturants just let me know

Liverpool
reviews: 2
2. Re: Half term in Liverpool with kids

Do both Cathedrals, the street between them (Hope Street) has a good downstairs Bistro in the Everyman Theatre, or you could eat at Ego or either the Philharmonic pub or concert hall. If you go on the duck tour you will pass these places which will give you an idea about the area.

England
3. Re: Half term in Liverpool with kids

You cannot miss the Maritime Museum in the Albert Dock including the International Slavery museum and Titanic exhibition.

It's a pity you will not be here for the Chinese New Year. Liverpool has one of the oldest chinatowns in Europe and there is a fantastic parade on Sunday with dragons, unicorn, firecrackers and a 'lucky man'. Its still worth a visit (especially if you like chinese food) and not far to walk from the Anglican Cathedral (past LIPA).

On at the Playhouse next week is Testing the Echo but I dont know how suitable this would be for the ten year old.

There will be probably something going on at FACT for the Half-term.

Take a ferry cross the Mersey.

Bistro Pierre in Button Street (by Mathew Street) is a great place for lunch. £6.95 for three courses it represents unbeatable value for money and is totally delicious. Menu changes daily.

Enjoy your stay

liverpool
4. Re: Half term in Liverpool with kids

I beleve the Duck tour will be a big hit with the kids

one of the nice things going on at present is the artist who is painting the view of the waterfront while the public watch you can find this in William browbn st

Leeds, Engladn
5. Re: Half term in Liverpool with kids

thanks for all those suggestions - excellent - I'll need a week to do them all!

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
reviews: 176
6. Re: Half term in Liverpool with kids

the museum in william browwn street deffo worth a vist too...

visit www.visitliverpool.com

for a few other ideas.....

trip on the ferries is a good one

Leeds, Engladn
7. Re: Half term in Liverpool with kids

all sounds great - thanks for all your help..

8. Re: Half term in Liverpool with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 19, 2009