We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Lincolnshire

Which Lincolnshire hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
What to do in Lincolnshire

Hello Friends,

We are planning to spend a weekend in Boston, Lincolnshire. Solicit suggestions on what to do for two days in and around the place

Regards

Ravi

4 replies to this topic
england
reviews: 8
1. Re: What to do in Lincolnshire

Beats me, and I live within an hour of the place.

Cut cabbages? pick daffodils?

Sheffield
reviews: 93
2. Re: What to do in Lincolnshire

Visit the Stump. Can't think of much else. Learn a foreign language like Polish or Latvian? Plenty of the locals can help with that.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
reviews: 195
3. Re: What to do in Lincolnshire

The last two contributors have been less than helpful.

St. Botolph's Church (the Stump) is a definite must see. Make sure you climb the tower.

The Guildhall Museum is worth a visit. It contains the cells in which the original Pilgrim Fathers were detained. If you have an interest in history, there is a memorial on the river bank in Skirbeck where the Pilgrim Fathers were captured.

The Maud Foster Windmill may be of interest and at Frampton there is now a very interesting RSPB reserve. The marshes themselves are quite interesting if you've never seen them before.

A bit further afield is the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight at Conningsby, where you can see a Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster and a small museum. Nearby is Tatershall Castle, build for Thomas Cromwell.

I hope that fills some time.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
reviews: 195
4. Re: What to do in Lincolnshire

You could spend one day, travelling to Conningsby, Tatershall and then on to Lincoln, which has got tons to see.

Reply to: What to do in Lincolnshire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lincolnshire
More Lincolnshire Topics