We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location - hotel recommendation

Which Leicester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
reviews: 14
Best location - hotel recommendation

Hi

Got a wedding coming up in the next few weeks and have decided to stay over.

The service will be held at the Guildhall and the reception at Aylestone football club. I am thinking of staying in the town somewhere close to the Guildhall and getting a taxi to Aylestone.

I have been looking at the Castlepark Hotel which looks fine for what we need but wanted some local knowledge.

Leicester, England
reviews: 89
1. Re: Best location - hotel recommendation

It depends on the budget you have but the very well received Maiyango hotel and the City Rooms hotel is just around the corner but are at the top end of the scale.

In the mid-price range is the Holiday Inn (not the Holiday Inn Express) which would be 3-4mins walk from the Guildhall and is pretty good since it had a refit/update.

Also nearby is the Travelodge (5mins walk from Guildhall) which is the standard fare for the chain. The alternative Premier Inn is near the Train Station so handy if you are getting the train to leicester but is about 10mins walk from the Guildhall (if you know where you are going!)

I know where the Castle Park Hotel is and it is 2mins from the Guildhall but I can't vouch for its quality - the above hotels I know are more than acceptable but appreciate it all comes down to your budget!

2. Re: Best location - hotel recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 05, 2011