We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Parking flying from Blackpool June30 July 1

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Falkirk, United...
reviews: 11
Car Parking flying from Blackpool June30 July 1

Hi there, we are looking to travel down to Balckpool on the Saturday and stay over for the night (30th June) we are flying to Malaga on Sunday 1st July from Blackpool airport - our first time, anyone interested in giving us a low down of the airport?

We would very much welcome any tips, hints,ideas about quality hotel and reasonable priced car parking from 1st July until we return on the 12th...park and fly etc or just a plain old cheap car park. How far is it to the airport from central Blackpool...ohh all that insider knowledge will do?

Blackpool, United...
reviews: 60
1. Re: Car Parking flying from Blackpool June30 July 1

Firstly flying from Blackpool is great, with only a handful of international flights per day, delays are rare. They have upgraded the facilties recently and it's a nice,small airport now.

If you book a hotel in the South Shore area, say on Clifton Drive behind the Pleasure Beach, you could park free on the street nearby, a cab would cost you about £4 from there.

The airport is about 4 miles from central Blackpool.

Falkirk, United...
2. Re: Car Parking flying from Blackpool June30 July 1

Cheers Markpool for your thoughtful reply.... I don't want to push it but would you recommend any hotels on the street or around the street you mention?

Oh and I look forward to seeing and flying from Blackpool airport.

Blackpool
reviews: 1
3. Re: Car Parking flying from Blackpool June30 July 1

I wouldn't recomend parking on the streets near the airport. Local residents are getting fairly irate about this and you may get a bit of negative feedback!

Blackpool, United...
reviews: 60
4. Re: Car Parking flying from Blackpool June30 July 1

Debra, being a Blackpool resident i haven't stayed at any of the hotels, so its a bit tricky for me to recommend one, but the Clifton Drive area is pretty close to the airport and the hotels in that area seem decent standard ones. The Big Blue hotel which is owned by the Pleasure Beach gets good reviews on this site and is in the right location so that could be a good start point to look at.

With regard to on street parking, until the council decide to put resident parking zones in the airport vicinity, its fair game to park your cars there. The area where I've mentioned though is not where airport users would consider, you would require a taxi to get you there, it just combines a nice hotel area with a close proximity to the airport.

Blackpool, United...
reviews: 54
5. Re: Car Parking flying from Blackpool June30 July 1

How about the Travel Inn right next to the airport on Squires Gate Lane? The pub next door (The Air Balloon) does reasonable pub food too. Walk across the road to the bus stop and a bus will take you along Lytham Road into the centre.

A cab from South Shore normally costs around £8.00.

There is plenty of airport parking but I don't know how much this costs.

There are quite a lot of quiet roads on the other side of Squires Gate Lane and I would probably recommend you leave your car there if you were only away for a weekend (you could've parked outside my house!!) but I reckon you'd face a bit of opposition if your car was left there nearly 2 weeks!

Flew from Blackpool Airport 2 weeks ago and it was great. No delays, clean building, helpful staff etc! Obviously I have no complaints as I only had to walk across the road to it!!!

Falkirk, United...
6. Re: Car Parking flying from Blackpool June30 July 1

Thanks for the info guys, we are still dithering a bit as our 17 year old (rightly so) wont share a famliy room with us, so we will have to stretch to 2 rooms during our stay and the Big Blue is just out of our budget. I will look into the others.

I have just scoured the web and a hotel called Sinatra's is offering a family room/2 rooms with adjoining doors - anyone heard of Sinatra's?

7. Re: Car Parking flying from Blackpool June30 July 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 02, 2009