We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel questions

Which Keswick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque
reviews: 22
Train travel questions

Some questions I have for the experts please:

I will be traveling to Keswick this May for a 4 night stay.

I see that Penrith is where I need to go, probably. Is there a no-change train route from London to penrith? If not, what is the next best option? Very green on train travel... does luggage work just like for plane travel? If there is a change of trains, is the luggare transferred automatically? For a Saturday travel, is First Class worth paying the extra money? Thank you.

North Carolina
reviews: 1
11. Re: Train travel questions

We have done some fairly extensive travel on trains and have never had a probem with luggage security.

If we were going on a trip of some three hours, we would pay the extra for first class.

Redlands, California
reviews: 30
12. Re: Train travel questions

The luggage racks can get filled up so I would board at Euston as soon as the platform is announced. (Especially if you are travelling standard class.) That's usually about 15 minutes before departure, I believe.

I think first class would also get you into the lounge at Euston--unfortunately, when I took the sleeper up to Scotland in June, the lift was broken so the lounge could not be accessed. I assume there are places to sit in the first class lounge--they're certainly at a premium otherwise (if they exist at all, I just remember doing a routine of Sit, Squat, Stand for far too long as my train was delayed!).

Keswick makes a great base. Don't miss Castlerigg stone circle a mile or two from town.

13. Re: Train travel questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, February 17, 2013