We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a quiet place for a couple of nights.

california
reviews: 1
Looking for a quiet place for a couple of nights.

Some where on the rail line that Goes between Carlisle and Barrow, on the coast line.

Cumbria
reviews: 213
1. Re: Looking for a quiet place for a couple of nights.

Much of this coast is very industrial, so not so pretty, so choices are limited. I remember from travelling on the railway that there is a pub right opposite one of the stations www.princeofwalesfoxfield.co.uk/bed.html I haven't been there, but understand they brew their own beers! The other place which might interest you is Ravenglass, which has a famous narrow gauge railway called the La'al Ratty. This gives you access into some of the loveliest parts of the Lake District - www.ravenglass-railway.co.uk/index.html. There are some hotels in Ravenglass too, and I'm guessing some B & B's at the other end of the ratty line in Eskdale. This would be my recommendation as the scenery from the minature railway is fabulous.

Kendal, United...
reviews: 97
2. Re: Looking for a quiet place for a couple of nights.

I agree with Sheila. If it were me, I'd get off at Ravenglass and take the minature railway up Eskdale. The Dower House inn in Eskdale Green and the Brook House inn in Boot are both ok. If you want something a bit fancier, I believe they have accommodation at Muncaster Castle near Ravenglass which is a beautiful spot. There are buses from Ravenglass.

3. Re: Looking for a quiet place for a couple of nights.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, October 22, 2009