We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver-Guide for Castles and Gardens of Kent

Which Royal Tunbridge Wells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
reviews: 65
Driver-Guide for Castles and Gardens of Kent

We will be in the area June 24-26, staying in Tunbridge Wells. Any suggestions regarding a car/driver or drirver/guide?

15 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
11. Re: Driver-Guide for Castles and Gardens of Kent

Thank you. It sounds nice but I doubt if we can fit it in. We found a guide who will take us to our priority sites for two days. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

UK
reviews: 7
12. Re: Driver-Guide for Castles and Gardens of Kent

Re eating out . From Rusthall you can easily walk to the Beacon pub/ restaurant (www.the-beacon.co.uk) which has good food and fabulous views over the countryside towards southern Tunbridge Wells. A lovely place to sit on the terrace if the weather is good.

Plenty of nice places to eat in T Wells (see restaurant pages), or try The Hare pub in Langton Green, which is the next village to Rusthall. Our current favourite, though, is the George and Dragon in Speldhurst - lovely old building and excellent food. It would be a taxi ride from Rusthall unless you have lots of energy for a very pleasant evening walk. Enjoy your stay, countryside looking lovely at the moment.

Roseville...
reviews: 58
13. Re: Driver-Guide for Castles and Gardens of Kent

I am curious to know how your trip with guide/driver went, as my husband and I are looking to do something similar in spring 2015. Did you use taxis? Did you find a driver? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Miami, Florida
14. Re: Driver-Guide for Castles and Gardens of Kent

It wasn't easy, but we did find a driver/guide. Most guides do not drive clients. Some we checked out provided a driver, but that, of course, increases the cost. We found a driver/guide from the list of guides on a website of Blue Badge Guides for Southeast England. Her name was Mrs. Rebecca Howard, and we used her for two full days; we jointly selected two places to visit each day--Chartwell, Knole the first day and Leeds Castle and Sissinghurst the second. She--and others--will take you wherever you want to go. We went in June 2013 and were lucky that the early spring had been cold, because there were so many things in bloom. If you can't find her or anyone else from the BlueBadge list, let me know and I will look for her email address.

Roseville...
reviews: 58
15. Re: Driver-Guide for Castles and Gardens of Kent

Thank you for you reply! Do you remember the cost for each day?

Reply to: Driver-Guide for Castles and Gardens of Kent
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Royal Tunbridge Wells