We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lapland uk in kent

Which Royal Tunbridge Wells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
walsall
lapland uk in kent

I am looking at taking my boys to lapland uk , Bewl Water Estate in Kent. I am concerned that this is the one with all the horror stories in the paper? Anyone been?

28 replies to this topic
Essex
reviews: 71
1. Re: lapland uk in kent

Yep, I expect it is the one and the same - it might have improved for this year, but I'm inclined to suggest that you save your money and your disappointment.

Looking at where you are based, if you fancy a 'snowy treat' for them, how about visiting the Snowdome at Tamworth - they are doing a Winter Wonderland this year it seems:

http://www.snowdome.co.uk/

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
reviews: 42
2. Re: lapland uk in kent

My little cousin visited there last year and seemed to enjoy it, but than she had won the visit as opposed to pay for it, as it seems rather costly.

Cardiff, Wales
reviews: 35
3. Re: lapland uk in kent

I just checked out the website and it is not the horror story one. That was Lapland New Forest, which was set up by a different company (if you google it you can read the horror stories) which ended up being taken to court by Trading Standards for misleading customers. The Lapland UK website looks pretty good actually! Never been though.

Essex
reviews: 71
4. Re: lapland uk in kent

To be fair, it does get very good reviews:

www.reviewcentre.com/reviews197943.html

netmums.com/coffeehouse/lifestyle-8/seasonal…

BUT it also went bust before......

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335802/Lapland…

guardian.co.uk/money/…lapland-uk-refund

London, United...
5. Re: lapland uk in kent

Hi there, we are the original laplandUk and are in no way related to the Lapland New Forest which no longer exists. Please check out our site at www.laplanduk.co.uk where you can see more reviews, and you can chat to some of our previous visitors at our new Facebook page on www.facebook,.co.uk/laplanduk. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks, LaplandUK

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 9
6. Re: lapland uk in kent

We took our then 5yr old son to LaplandUK back in 2009, we all had a brilliant time. Food was included then, but to be honest the food wasn't that good, i didn't even eat mine lol. We went at the end of November when the ticket prices were a little cheaper....still we paid about £180 for the 3 of us and on top of that paid to spend the night at the Travelodge in Trunbridge wells (would not recommend this travelodge)

The whole day was simply splendid, even though you were on a fixed schedule for your main activities.....workshop.....mother christmas and her gingerbread decorating etc, we still didn't feel rushed. There was time after to enjoy some ice-skating, meet the sami's and their huskies, write a letter at the north pole post office and of course your own private meeting with santa. Our scheduled time was 11am and we didn't leave until at least 5.30pm as our son enjoyed the ice skating....the huskies.....the sami tent....feeding the reindeers etc etc. The day is how you make it to be....seeing it through my childs eyes was wonderful i had tears in my eyes on and off the whole day. Almost blubbered loudly when our son came face to face with santa.........so realistic and the whole time he was with him wasn't rushed at all. It's the first time our son has been speechless....he didn't know what to say lol lol. Well worth it in my opionin...i know a few things have changed since...but if we were not going to the Real Lapland this year, you can bet we would have been going back to LaplandUK.

London, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: lapland uk in kent

Just been to this one in Kent today. We all enjoyed it very much but it's definitely an expensive treat.

£57 a ticket for adults and children alike for basically 2 short, structured, 'activities', some free artificial ice skating around a limited snack bar before the big meet with Santa is a lot when you compare it to other activities like, say, a big theme park.

My 2 and a half year old daughter enjoyed it very much and as one other person said, it's great to experience it through a child's eyes.

Child-like innocence is clearly not something the organisers suffer from however and there is probably much to line their pockets. You can see where at least some of the money goes though - it's a nicely laid out site with lots of staff paid to act out short scenes (done fairly well) and a very convincing Santa Claus clearly add to the overheads (theirs and mine as I now know I won't get away with Santa not delivering on the big day itself as she's asked him in person for her big gift).

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
reviews: 42
8. Re: lapland uk in kent

Thanks for letting us know what it it like there DLT, that would be a great help for those who are thinking about visiting there.

London
reviews: 14
9. Re: lapland uk in kent

Not the same.

This one is for real.

We took the Grandchildren there this weekend and they had the best time ever.

It really is a "Winter Wonderland" with a proper Farther Christmas that really looks the part, not some fool wearing a cotton wool beard!

They got to make toys in the toy factory with the elves, then on to the kitchen, there they made gingerbread trees with Mother Christmas, then onto ice skating in the Elf village, which is full of shops, for cakes, sweets and toys. They also get to meet the Husky dogs and reindeers, they can only buy things with "Jingles" (tokens that you buy on the way in) the finale is to meet Father Christmas. They get you to fill in a form, with what you and the Family like in particular. Santa then asks them about their cat,dog or whatever. Our granddaughter was astounded that Santa knew the name of her cat. All in all a great trip. a liitle expensive, but what isnt these days, and they do get a super toy. P.S go when its nearly dark, the lights in the trees are magical.

Warrington, United...
reviews: 22
10. Re: lapland uk in kent

We have been for the last three years running and again this year next week and yes they have changed a few things over the years, food is no longer included you have to queue and pay just like a restaurant and I believe now the way you pay for things is not cash but elf jingles, neither fill me with joy but it is a truly magical experience.

We have done the real Lapland twice once before we had children and then with them and have to say that this is the next best thing.

Reply to: lapland uk in kent
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Royal Tunbridge Wells