We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leeds or Bodiam Castle???

Which Royal Tunbridge Wells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sarnia, Canada
reviews: 17
Leeds or Bodiam Castle???

Which would make the more memorable day:

Leeds Castle in the morning followed by Sissinghurst Castle Gardens in the afternoon (OR) Battle in the morning followed by lunch and two hours at Bodiam Castle followed by the remainder of the afternoon at Sissinghurst Castle Gardens (open until 6:00 pm). I am leaning towards Bodiam rather than Leeds since I tend to be a romantic and the ruins look a little less touristy, but this is just a gut feeling and I have no first hand experience at either place. We are travelling from Canada and my husband has no previous experience driving on the left hand side of the road.

15 replies to this topic
England
reviews: 21
11. Re: Leeds or Bodiam Castle???

Harper, since you love English churches you may be interested in this link:

www.andrewleaning.com/index.php…

It describes the churches of Romney Marsh. Romney Marsh is flat unlike much of the rest of Kent, but I love it because of it solitude - apart from sheep - and sense of mystery.

Bayerisch Eisenstein
12. Re: Leeds or Bodiam Castle???

If you do go to Rye, it's worth taking a

short detour to Winchelsea (not Winchelsea Beach). It's only a couple of miles from Rye. The town is laided out in a grid pattern and dates from around 1290 or so.

bio-medical.co.uk/winchelsea/guidetoday.html

http://www.winchelsea.net/index.htm

Bayerisch Eisenstein
13. Re: Leeds or Bodiam Castle???

Probably too late for your trip now, but I've just thought of another great little place if you like churches and art. The parish church at Tudeley, (All saints), just outside Tonbridge has stain glass windows by Paul Chagall. http://www.tudeley.org/allsaintstudeley.htm

Sarnia, Canada
reviews: 17
14. Re: Leeds or Bodiam Castle???

Thank you! It is a little late for this trip but we do plan to go back. We had the best trip ever and especially loved St. Mary the Virgin, Speldhurst iwth its windows by Morris and Burne-Jones. We chose Bodiam over Leeds. We visited Rye, Bodiam and Sissinghurst and loved them all. I'm so glad that we took our GPS or Sat Nav, as you call it.

Kent
15. Re: Leeds or Bodiam Castle???

Yes the windows at All Saints are lovely, my hubby was best man at a wedding on a sunny September afternoon, there's an interesting story about those windows.

Reply to: Leeds or Bodiam Castle???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Royal Tunbridge Wells