We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent B&B (quiet) or hotel in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Which Royal Tunbridge Wells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roseville...
reviews: 56
Excellent B&B (quiet) or hotel in Royal Tunbridge Wells

My husband and I are planning a garden tour in Kent in summer 2011 and are looking for an excellent B&B or hotel. We will not have a car and hope to use public transport and/or taxis to get aroung to gardens and other sites with RTB the base. We would like to be within walking disrance of good restaurants (we are unabashed foodies). Peace and quiet are important. We need ensuite bathroom with shower and WC and would prefer something roomy. It is difficult to determing from TA reviews about locations. We would like to see the Pantiles, for example, and would prefer to walk there from our lodging.

Thanks for all assistance.

Kent
1. Re: Excellent B&B (quiet) or hotel in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Hello chymn

I have read all your posts, I live near Tenterden & I used to live in Tunbridge wells & I used to be a taxi driver there. I have not stayed here but suggest the locality is perfect for your stop in TW http://www.studleycottage.co.uk/

Unfortunately Tenterden does not have a really good restaurant in the town itself, its mostly pizza, chinese, indian take-aways or tea rooms, although there are a couple of nice restaurants in upmarket hotels a short taxi ride away. I can recommend the Woolpack Inn to stay at, its a pub with rooms, this Inn is a 15th century building, it has a restaurant as do other pubs in Tenterden.

I think you will find it hard to get around on public transport, Staplehurst station is some distance to Sissinghurst Gardens & possibly cost £20 via taxi each way. Although from Tunbridge Wells there is a bus service that probably stops right outside the entrance but you are nearest to the gardens at Tenterden than Tun Wells.

It may be of interest Great Maytham Hall was the inspiration behind the writer of the famous The Secret Garden childrens book, this hall is in the next village on from Tenterden.

Kent
2. Re: Excellent B&B (quiet) or hotel in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Not sure if its in your budget but have a look at this.

http://www.sissinghurstcastlefarmhouse.com/

Roseville...
reviews: 56
3. Re: Excellent B&B (quiet) or hotel in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Thanks very much!

4. Re: Excellent B&B (quiet) or hotel in Royal Tunbridge Wells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 am, March 22, 2011